Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit of a big dummy asking this cause something tells me know but I wanted to go ahead and ask anyways cause Damn it I'm curious to know! :confused: Am still trying to get to know ma Pony a lil better so any help on this question is greatly appreciated.If their are other posts regarding this subject that I might have missed could someone point me in the right direction?
Thanx a bunch,
Big Dummy (heh..heh)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I don't think it will work, But most of the time you loose power with a throttle body, unless you got some bigger mods..Cam,supercharger, etc.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
your stock throttle body flows enough for your stock engine. When you upgrade cam, heads and intakes or add a blower or nitrous you will see a advantage of the bigger tb... but you could actually lose hp buy going with a larger tb on a stock 3.8 engine

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i belive the older gt TB's are smaller anyway lol it wouldnt help even if it would bolt on and was bigger.... may even cost you power.....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
your 60mm flows sufficient enough. Like Brent said, when you have more mods (mainly forced induction) is when you need to upgrade your throttle body.

What part of Texas are you in? If you're anywhere near DFW I would be glad to help you with your car. I have a decent understanding of the 3.8L v6 mustang engine :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm currently stationed at Ft Hood in Killeen(Yeah it's the town that some guy turned the Luby's into a drive thru massacre :ar15: then off'd himself in the crapper)but I'm from Dallas.It would be great to have some help on future projects and such,granted deployment don't roll back around too soon!
Ah well first deployment supplied household furnishings,the next one will hopefully get me some padding on a few mod's on ma Pony!(Gotta LOVE Hazard Fire Pay!!) I appreciate the input from everyone.Anything else to add,please do!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
OT but are you in 4th ID? I was in Waco for school so i know the area, and my roommate's boyfriend (roommate grew up in killeen) was in 4th ID and recently got out and went to school

Just assuming 4th ID since most of first cav is over there now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm 4ID but I have many friends in Cav....You go to Baylor in Waco?I haven't made it to college just yet.(Am waiting for stabilization before I try and enroll)May have to wait until I get out before that will happen!Hopefully I will get to dig into some minor projects in the near future to pep the pony a lil bit.Haven't done a whole lot to it just yet(don't wanna void any warranties right now)but I recon I could do a few things here and there to get a lil more fire out of the hoof!I might hit you up for some assistance in the event I get on a roll with a new project.Help is good,knowledgable help is better! Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
back on topic, but anyway, you might have problems with the bolt holes lining up, after that, the throttle cable 'switch' might not be in the exact right place for a v-6.... other than that, you might have computer compatibility problems... but kinda unlikely. Those should be about it. You can get hoses that you can crimp down to seal that thing up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Some fact...

The 99-up GT TB (65mm) will bolt up to any 99-up V6 (60mm). You will need to trim the upper intake opening slightly due the GT's 65mm TB needing a little more clearance. It can be done with a Dremel.

The linkage will work fine if its a 01-up V6. 99-00s will need to change the throttle cable to the 01-up style. The cable costs about $20 from Ford.

You will also need a GT IAC, some block-off plates for the intake and IAC mounting and to run a piece of hose into your CAI for the IAC.

Power... It does help with response but you really don't gain any power until you go blower, turbo etc...

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
whoa, I said maybe ;)... just trying to put some ideas out there

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
pete said:
Some fact...

The 99-up GT TB (65mm) will bolt up to any 99-up V6 (60mm). You will need to trim the upper intake opening slightly due the GT's 65mm TB needing a little more clearance. It can be done with a Dremel.

The linkage will work fine if its a 01-up V6. 99-00s will need to change the throttle cable to the 01-up style. The cable costs about $20 from Ford.

You will also need a GT IAC, some block-off plates for the intake and IAC mounting and to run a piece of hose into your CAI for the IAC.

Power... It does help with response but you really don't gain any power until you go blower, turbo etc...
OK, let me get this straight. You CAN use a GT IAC on a V6 with no problem? And it just a simple matter of running a hose to it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts