Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put a turbocharger in my 1997 mustang gt 4.6 liter? and what will it need?

i am trying to beef up my mustang gt but i am new to this speed community. Any way what does a turbo need to work and what does it all need to work? like doesnt it need to be connected to the exhaust? and our mustang has double exhaust so how would we do that? and our motor has single cam is that strong enough and is their sizes to the turbo? if so would we have to use a small one? and is it true we would have to change the injectors and get bigger ons?and could you possibly name all the things the turbo will need to work?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it possible to put a turbocharger in my 1997 mustang gt 4.6 liter? and what will it need?

With turbos you need a inter cooler and all that. Go with a supercharger. Its a bolt on and much less stressful on the engine. Turbos or more for the import scene

·
Registered
38 Posts

90% of high hp cars are turbocharged....

and im not writing you a research paper, go join a ford forum and ask there because this has been asked 100s of times

·
Registered
40 Posts

You already asked this question. Do the research on a Mustang forum. There's no way that all this can be explained in one sitting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts