Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think i could restore a mustang (i was thinking something like a 1967 Shelby gt500) with no engineering experience. Is there a book that i can do it all from....?

·
Registered
43 Posts
you don't half to be a engineer, but it helps to be a handyman or a auto body man..all you really have to have is the desire..

there are all kinds of books on auto restoration, and specifically Mustang restoring..

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you got hold of a 67 Shelby GT500 that was in restorable condition, you sure don't want an amateur working on it. Professionally restored it would be worth thousands of dollars.

Start out with any cheap piece of junk that requires engine work, body work, etc., so you get experience in doing everything.

Surely you could search the web for books on restoring and reconditioning old cars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
if you can you deserve to be on the news. it'd be very hard to do and takes a very long time, your best off is to befriend someone who is a good mechanic and ask for his help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most car restorers have no engineering experience

there are several books on the subject

First thing is too find a restorable car...

obtain a service manual for that car

Join a local club

find a well full of money........

·
Registered
43 Posts
powerblocktv.com take a look. you wont find any shgt500 . you could get a replica body and build your own. or buy from a owner.most wont part with it. more than most.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts