Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a v6 2004 mustang and i was wondering if it were possible to get a Mach 1 hood and a gt hood scoop to put on my car. The 04 stang has a different hood than the 03's, and i would really like some sort of hood scoop. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you can buy a base oem stock what ever 99-02 (or 03 which ever year they still did the non cobra hood on the v6s) for cheap, then just buy a 100 buck gt hood scoop and mount it, you can probably find a hood and scoop all in one from stangparts.com or ebay perhaps.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
You have the base model (non-Pony Package) V6 thats has the '01 Cobra hood on it.

My advice, go to the junkyard and look for a hood and if you can't find one, some of the GT owners are swaping out for '03 Cobra Hoods and '03 Mach 1 Shaker System hoods.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On the subject of hoods....I had to ask.Will a 2001 Bullitt V6 hood fit properly on a 2004 V6 Pony?Wasn't sure about parts interchangability per model year so I wanted to ask around the forum to get some clarity before I go off and buy into something I don't need!
Thank you all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts