Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i have a 98 honda civic witch i love im currently 17 and have a part time job everything i make goes into the car, 4 sets of rims, 2 sets of seats, 2 sets of lights, carbon fiver hood custom paint job over 6 years or wrench time all performance parts, nos injection a stand alone fuel delivery system all Japanese parts and what i have notice almost no civic is made in japan any more but mine has all Japanese righting on it no english, v-tech engine, i only drive the car once a week 90,000 miles on it original owner was my dad i keep it in the garage all day the problem is that people say in 5 years my car is not going to be worth ****. my question is if i keep the car as it is will it one day be look at as people look at cameron corvettes and mustangs from the 60' today?

·
Registered
32 Posts
probably not. But it sounds like you have invested a lot of money in it so keep it and take to college with you and at least you don't have to make a car payment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You might as well flush your money down the drain.

5 years from now, your car wont be worth 25% of what its worth today.

Most of the things you did to it didn't increase its value at all, or if so, only 5-20% of what you spent.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A non stock 1998 Honda Civic will never be considered a collectible car. Even if you do hold onto it for forty years. If it was completely stock maybe, but customized cars are never considered collectible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
People are stupid, ignore them. A honda civic will probably keep running forever so has a comparatively high resale value although it's unlikely to ever be a classic car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts