Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LBJ promised us we could have it all - a "Great Society"...guns AND butter. Well, On Aug. 3, 1967, LBJ sent Congress a message that said the US could not continue Vietnam and at the same time continue his Great Society programs without RAISING TAXES.

It appears BHO is doing the same to us now. Promising no tax increase, escalating the Afghan war & growing the "Great Society" exponentially.

Will BHO echo "...I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party..."?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hes done Nikki, but i dont think his ego will let him accept it...
He saw the world cheering him...This does something to a man..
History shows us this...
He will not find the door until we show him it !

·
Registered
38 Posts
LBJ had a conscience. His bravado led us to "bomb them back to the stoneage". His torment at the thousands of lost lives made him recant his power. Something he'd longed for for years. Barry has no conscience. He cares about his power. What's a few thousand American lives compared to his legacy?

·
Registered
29 Posts
great analogy Nikki, that is exactly what he is doing, I think he will echo Nixon though "I shall resign the presidency effective at noon tomorrow!"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes. I grew up in the 60's & remeber those great promises. Govt could do ANYTHING!! Go to the moon, win a war against Communism, feed the hungry. We only got one out of three.

·
Registered
38 Posts
But Jim, we managed all three. I don't see much communism around these days, and Americans are fatter than ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts