Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw the pony for sale but i don't know if it would be a good idea to buy because it an older car. i need facts!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Actually the 65 Stang is a very simple vehicle to repair and because of it's popularity the parts are readily available.

It is a fantastic car to learn on if you are interested in doing your own repair also.

It will require more frequent attention than newer cars do, for example the plugs and points should be replaced every 15,000 miles and if it has mechanical tappets they will require adjustment on the same interval. You can also expect to replace belts about every 30k and alternators and water pumps tend to last only around 50k. If it still is equipped with the original drum front brakes they need to be inspected and adjusted about every other oil change also because the adjusters back then were not real effective.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They're generally not very expensive to fix because they're SO easy to work on. They will break down slightly more than newer cars, but they will also be fixed easily. If you have a problem you can't figure out, you can always go onto a Mustang forum and ask them, there are some really helpful people out there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the older mustangs 64-91 are some of the easiest cars on the market to work on.
most people on this yahoo answer all started with some sort of car that they had to get to know, like that.
i got an 80 mustang while back, youll learn so much in the first day.
cheap, easy, and it gives you that sense of pride.
so, with that all in mind bro.
Go for it, youll enjoy it.
trust me

·
Registered
42 Posts
no that's still considered one of the cheapest cars their is to repair mechanically but body work and other things is expensive,but on keeping it mechanically in good condition is cheaper ,because parts for those ar real cheap,their plain and simple cars with no complicated electronics to them,so that alone makes them a lot cheaper to operate,the may not get god gas mileage though ,so either way the cost will get you,good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts