Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to spin the tires from a standstill with a 2013 Automatic V6 with the 3.31 gears? I'm not talking about doing a brakestand, just a good old fashioned foot-to-the-floor jackrabbit start. In previous vehicles that I owned, Nova, Trans Am, Thunderbird SC, I could light up the tires without having to load up the car against the brake. I'm not into beating up the car. I just want to know if it has the capability.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if my '04 v6 can do it with an auto and 3.27 gears i don't see how you'd have any issue

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I thought they made the 13 not spin the tires and hook. It also won't burn out easy. My 11 will just go if you floor it

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
dang, mine barely manages a squeak. just hooks up and gets out. got teh sticky 19s tho
Make sure you take off both traction controls. For those that don't know.

The advancetrac has 2 stages. The first is just pressing the button. Their is a second stage that requires the button to be held.

If you hold the button for 5 seconds with the brake applied and are at a full stop you will see advancetrac off.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I've never tried doing a low rpm flooring with traction off in my MT82 either. I know I can break them loose dumping the clutch, even shifting 2nd to 3rd... No idea about a full throttle start. Mine is 2.73 gears though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My car with 275 rear Nitto Invos will not spin tires, it just hooks up.

On my stock Radial TA 225's my car would spin all through 2nd gear.

2011 V6 Auto

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
With a clutch it is easy if you let it out at a high rpm I suppose. It wont do it with a base 2.73 from a clutch rolling out slow and then punching it.

Honestly, my 06 GT when it was bone stock and had the 3.31 gear and Auto taranny would be able to do it easily. The 3.7 doesnt have the low end torque with a 2.73 or even a 3.31 gear. I think it needs at least a 3.73 to make that happen. These cars just dont have it down low. The first gear and rear gear ratio isnt enough... The car doesnt come alive until 3k.

Our cars have more torque at the top of 1st and into 2nd. Hell I can chirp the tires into 3rd with 2.73 gears and the stock 17 wheels with the 225 Radial TA's.

I was very interrested in a bigger rim but after driving on the 17 and seeing the low end torque in the crapper I dont want anything bigger.

·
Registered
53 Posts
With a clutch it is easy if you let it out at a high rpm I suppose. It wont do it with a base 2.73 from a clutch rolling out slow and then punching it.

Honestly, my 06 GT when it was bone stock and had the 3.31 gear and Auto taranny would be able to do it easily. The 3.7 doesnt have the low end torque with a 2.73 or even a 3.31 gear. I think it needs at least a 3.73 to make that happen. These cars just dont have it down low. The first gear and rear gear ratio isnt enough... The car doesnt come alive until 3k.

Our cars have more torque at the top of 1st and into 2nd. Hell I can chirp the tires into 3rd with 2.73 gears and the stock 17 wheels with the 225 Radial TA's.

I was very interrested in a bigger rim but after driving on the 17 and seeing the low end torque in the crapper I dont want anything bigger.
Take traction control off, you won't ever type those words again....

My car has plenty of low end torque, it isn't totally limp below 3K.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have the TC completely off. Are we talking a little churp or a tire smoker form a dig?
This car will churp'em at best. Compared to cars I have owned in the past. This car is a dog down low.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
My 05 GT with 4.10's hardly spins the tires from a peddle to the floor start...
My last 06 GT had 430's and was an auto car with a ton of money into the motor, suspension, drivetrain etc. It wouldnt do it with the stock gears but it would spin them pretty good form a dig but not a tire smokin' stand still burnout just from dropping the hammer... and it was a low 12 sec 1/4 mile car with a ton of money into it. It was far from stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not talking about a fender filling smoky exhibition, just layin' down about a 25 foot patch of rubber. Perhaps suspension improvements have also led to better traction as some of the old musclecars that I have driven had crappy leaf spring suspensions. Combine a crappy suspension with a ton of low end torque and you can light up the rear tires just by staring at the gas pedal too hard.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
The 2013 automatic has a torque management built in. The system will not allow you to do a burnout. You can't brake torque over 2,000 RPM without a tune to overcome the stock tune. Turning off TCS or the full advance track won't do it. (working with Doug he had me try a tune with TCS, advance trac, and ABS all turned off in the tune with no effect). Working on it more he found the combination in the program to override the limit

With a tune the management can be turned off though. The GT automatic has the same issue stock. It isn't a matter of having enough RWHP or torque; it is a tuning issue.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I am not talking about a fender filling smoky exhibition, just layin' down about a 25 foot patch of rubber. Perhaps suspension improvements have also led to better traction as some of the old musclecars that I have driven had crappy leaf spring suspensions. Combine a crappy suspension with a ton of low end torque and you can light up the rear tires just by staring at the gas pedal too hard.

ya that aint happening. not with the stock gears. anyone that can get that done without using the brake or e-brake, i want to see video.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

The 2013 automatic has a torque management built in. The system will not allow you to do a burnout. You can't brake torque over 2,000 RPM without a tune to overcome the stock tune. Turning off TCS or the full advance track won't do it. (working with Doug he had me try a tune with TCS, advance trac, and ABS all turned off in the tune with no effect). Working on it more he found the combination in the program to override the limit

With a tune the management can be turned off though. The GT automatic has the same issue stock. It isn't a matter of having enough RWHP or torque; it is a tuning issue.

there ya go. wont do it stock.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Lol... I think most people agree that we have the nicest ass thanks to the snazzy tail lights and blacked rear panel. The stock front bumper is kinda bleh, but yours isn't stock anymore either...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ford has had a torque management system in all the s197 cars. The only way to turn it all off is with a tune. Even with the TCS completely off if you have an auto you have a torque management system in place unless you got through an SCT to turn it off. I had the Diablosport tuner for my 06 GT and switched to a SCT for that reason alone.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Lol... I think most people agree that we have the nicest ass thanks to the snazzy tail lights and blacked rear panel. The stock front bumper is kinda bleh, but yours isn't stock anymore either...
The reason why I never got the 10-12 car was because of the rear end lights. The nose I like on the 10, 11, 12 and 13. I like the GT500ish nose on the 13 better but the 12 back looks nice too. The rear though... yuk.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The reason why I never got the 10-12 car was because of the rear end lights. The nose I like on the 10, 11, 12 and 13. I like the GT500ish nose on the 13 better but the 12 back looks nice too. The rear though... yuk.
Ditto. I agree on all the front ends being nice. We can even swap to the '13 GT500 rear valance just by trimming the bumper and buying a $200 piece from the dealer. I've been tempted to do that lately.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts