Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one should i get:t-lok or 8.8 from a GT??

Is the t-lok just as reliable as the 8.8??

mods right now are CAI, UD, shift kit,
and dual exhaust.

Future mods are PP heads, PP upper and
lower intakes, new cam and hopefully a SC.

now with this will the t-lok hold up ok or
should i go with the 8.8???

thx.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
It really depends on the applications. If you are going to be on the stree with limited drag strip and not going to use drag slicks you will be fine. But if you are goping to abuse or heavily run on the track and use slicks get the 8.8. There are a few people who go to the track a lot and they have their 7.5 still in.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
the 8.8 is just a lot stronger then what we've got. If you plan to drag your car a lot, like corey said "go with the 8.8" plus, that 8.8 will already have a tlok in it, so you win both ways :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not being sarcastic or anything,
so please dont take it that way

lol, im not saying you would, just dont
want to start anything :)

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
well i would personally get teh 8.8 with 3.73 gears adn tlok (4.10 if auto tranny) i should have... i would have saved about um 400 bucks, cuz i broke my geras and had to buy all new parts :(

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I got the geras and tlok out of a 50k mile ranger, put then in via a professinal all was good but the tlok was worn a bit and clunked.... and made noises, i know it was put in right just the part its self. went a couple trips to the track with 2.5~-2.2 60fts nothing hard off the line then went the last time and 2.2 easing off the clutch and heard a pop i coasted still ran my best time ever :( thought i had riped a tq box due to i had lift bars and it was my first run with them on the car. but it was the rear end. I had snaped a spider gear in half. I had to get towed home, buy a 150 buck tlokc and 180 buck gears + shipping and pay 169 bucks to have it all put in again, add that to the fact that i paid 169 + 175 for the used gears that broke..... how much does that add up to? probably more than 750 bucks~ for a BRAND NEW already installed 3.73 gears in a new 8.8 rear end.... usually when it cmes to cars if you go cheap for performance you wind up losing more money than if you would have spent a little more.

now i have a 7.5 that i am scard to run on the track cuz i may brake it again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts