Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think I'm going to try and get those Tokico Mach1 shocks/stuts. So I got that decided. I think I want to go with Steeda sport Springs also. I found a good buy on ebay, but I dont know if its good enough... heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2441953110

Seems like a good deal to me, but can I get them cheaper any where else? Also do I need to get caster/camber plates with them?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I will look into the C springs....

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I am a firm believer in Steeda Springs, as well as some of their other products, I even have Steeda badging on my GT, though its not really a Steeda car, though it does have some parts from them. I had Steeda front springs, but now I am running Eibachs all the way around, Steedas are made by Eibach, to Steeda Specs, but are actually better than Eibachs I hear. My personal dislike for Cs is that I don't like the idea of buying new springs I have to cut to make them do what I want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rick, I'm with you on the Steeda's as well. I run Steeda Sports on my 94GT. Not a single problem with them or concern.

However, I also run FMS C springs on my 01' and I tend to like those equally as well. But for $99 @ stangstore.com, I couldn't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
C springs have there place without cutting you have a lower front stance and enough clearance for the fox bodies with big fat tires. On the other hand having a dead coil allows you to cut the rerar spring for a level stance with no change in spring rate common with people who attempt to cut stock springs and throws the spring rate off considerably.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Y'all are aware that have a nose down rake improves high speed stability?

Without a nose down rake front end lift is more likely with higher speeds.

An excellent example would be a late 60's early 70's GM midsize, like the Chevelle. Put it over 100 and the front end gets real light and real scary. Not to mention a nose down rake, of about 1.5 degrees, improves mileage.

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Mustangs with a even drop have a natural nose down drop. in a stock spring mustang there is no high speed instability. I have taken my stang to near 140mph and I have not felt any instability!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I am going to cut one coil off the rear C springs, but the question in the matter is how??? I dont think a jig saw will do it... at leiste not very well...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sabre Saw or jig saw, no way, maybe with a sawzall you might be able to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts