Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a 2006 v6 convertible. I've done plenty if research I just need a few little details. Is the convertible top loud/noisy? Is it a fun car to drive; will I enjoy it? Maybe some owner inputs would help.

I am new here so I would gladly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
2 things to know about convertibles.

1) i dont know where you are from but they get COLD AS BALLS come winter time

2) They are an awesome ride when the tops are down in good weather.

just take care of yourself and drive responsibly in a vert, less there to protect your noodle if you ever get into an accident. Other than that I love my vert, but I am still a Hardtop FANATIC!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
All mustangs are fun to drive
:D

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I was just unsure of the value. I'd defiantly take care of her.
Convertibles are pretty well south after... But so are coupes, really. It looks like a pretty clean car and as long as it's mechanically sound then I see no problem with it. And yes, they're all fun to drive. Then again, put wheels on a box and I could probably have fun driving that, too. I just love driving. Lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
16 and your first mustang? You must have a pocket full of lucky charms! Also coming from the Canadian north, like the other guy said, in winter you'll be cold as balls.

·
Registered
492 Posts
351mustanggt said:
why would the insurance be higher for a convertible?
For liability it isn't, just fir full coverage. A drop top is mire likely to sustain greater damage in a collision and they are easier to break in to.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
its a great car!

one thing i dont approve of is people my age in stock muscle cars that have no plans but a daily driver for them! If theyre not into cars, dont buy it, thats just my brutally honest opinion!

I had a gorgeous 2004 V6 for my first car when i was 16, now im 17 and have a 2006 pimped V6 and unbelievably happy! but alas i am a girl, but i warn you, he will get hooked!

·
Registered
224 Posts
a convertable is not cold in the winter as long as there are not any gaps anywhere, they are just as warm as any other car. good luck with it, wish i had one at 16

·
Registered
224 Posts
I agree I have an 07 vert and as long as all your weather seals are in good condition you'll have no problems in the winter! I love mines...hell as long as your heater works ur good n the winter too down or up ;-)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well living in Louisiana it never seems to get cold for long haha. It was 75 today. I got to go look at the car today and take it for a test drive and man I love it. The leather interior is appalling, although there is no way any one could ride in the back seat lol. Though I love the look of it now, I have many plans in the future for it.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts