Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I was hoping that things would pick up here over the summer like they have before, but that does not appear to have happened this year.....sad, as I love this forum. Facebook groups have kind of overtaken forums for popularity and membership I think.......
There are a lot of Mustang forums that have not sold out to a cooperative entity. Most enthusiasts are there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

There are like probably a dozen or so regulars who help each other out but yeah... it is what it is. FB is killing most of the small forums and even big ones. The only one that is still crazy good is SVT Performance. They have a **** hot admin/mod team there too they even went so far as the completely tell photobucket to screw off and recovered/updated every single PB link on the forum so all the pics worked again.
All true

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There are a lot of Mustang forums that have not sold out to a cooperative entity. Most enthusiasts are there.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

All true

Well tell everyone about the active/good ones! :)

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I pop in every once in a while, not posting as much anymore.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
This forum did get put under new ownership I think last year. Not much difference except Janet and Bucko are gone... 😢. Honestly, as I said before. If you want a busy forum join svtp.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
47 Posts
Main reason I joined this forum was to learn about my car, next reason was to get away from facebook. That place although informative also filled with a lot of ticked off people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
47 Posts
Also agree, svt forrum is always very active & reminds me more of a chat room community that knows a lot about not just fords but cars in general. Just helps to be informed in current events & politics to be able to join all the conversations going on, which Im not lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
37 Posts
This preferable to FB. Everything disappears on there. I can look for a thread on here and find info.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This preferable to FB. Everything disappears on there. I can look for a thread on here and find info.
Exactly. The FB format is good for the social side of things, but for technical information and help, it leaves a lot to be desired. A forum is - IMHO - a much better way to document information for future reference.

That being said, I don't post much on here, but I do check it daily. Same way with a few Mustang groups on FB. So, I'm afraid my lurking doesn't add much to the conversation in either place...

·
Registered
501 Posts
To be honest I don't have any issues with my Mustang. I keep changing the oil, rotating the tires, and washing/detailing her. Went to a labor day picnic and got lots of compliments. Love my ride!

So I come in and read the posts but I have nothing to add.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Exactly. The FB format is good for the social side of things, but for technical information and help, it leaves a lot to be desired. A forum is - IMHO - a much better way to document information for future reference.

That being said, I don't post much on here, but I do check it daily. Same way with a few Mustang groups on FB. So, I'm afraid my lurking doesn't add much to the conversation in either place...
I stop in and lurk. I add a few comments where I think I can help.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts