Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normal brake wear??? Left brembo makes an ungodly squeal which won't be away. -__- ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1482541180.314892.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
621 Posts
I don't think that is normal. Is that discoloration? It looks like your pads are dragging on the rotor. Stuck caliper?

·
Registered
209 Posts
...aftermarket rotors, Probably pads are not 'brembo' either. No mater, there should be equal and even component wear or there is a problem with caliper function, pad material or rotor material quality.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's an aftermarket rotor with hps 5.0. How can I check if it's the caliper? Should I swing it by a shop?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The piston can move with me just pushing them with my finger? I remember when I put the pads in, I had to use the pads and a lot of force to force the pistons back in all the way

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
The piston can move with me just pushing them with my finger? I remember when I put the pads in, I had to use the pads and a lot of force to force the pistons back in all the way

well yes, it will take some effort, but it wont take a C-clamp like a normal sliding caliper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The grooves on the rotor look normal, you do seem to have one deeper channel in the center of of the pad contact surface. I wonder if the pad is bad. Take the caliper off and inspect the pads, I've seen pads that appear to have plenty of material left actually be shattered once taken off. Usually the contact surface will have deep cracks when they are bad...

Here is a pic of my rotor for comparison, mine don't squeal at all. I am using Stop Tech pads on an RB 2 piece rotor.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jn2's rotor looks excellent and nicely bedded-in. Whenever discoloration is seen in the mid rotor area like the OP's I first question if the pads are fully bedded. I've seen street driven performance cars take 2 - 3k miles to fully seat pads and show an even gray-blue color band the width of the rotor. Squeal is also a symptom of lack of bedding. Hawk and other pad manufacturers have vids on how to do this so have some fun & stay safe :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i bought those exact rotors and pads for my 2013 .they made an ungodly squeel at 300 miles.i bought some duralast pads at auto zone 2000 miles ago and believe it or not they still are quiet as a mouse

·
Registered
84 Posts
i bought those exact rotors and pads for my 2013 .they made an ungodly squeel at 300 miles.i bought some duralast pads at auto zone 2000 miles ago and believe it or not they still are quiet as a mouse
A lot of people like the Duralast gold brake pads...You aren't the first I've heard it from, lot less dust than the OEM brembo's too...

·
Registered
12 Posts
very true.almost no dust compared to the hps 5.0 and like i said quiet as a mouse.i almost felt guilty for buying such an important part for my stang at auto zone but in alaska your choices are limited if you need an immediate fix.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah same left and right. And probably 4K miles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts