Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
if the condition is super clean and no accidents (no major stuff etc) and its been taken care of and mechanically its really good you should be able to get it for 18k easy.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yeah I would try to stick somewhere in the 16500-18000 range with that if possible. Looks good though!

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
trejo_03 said:
He sold it to his friend but has anyone heard anything about a rearend swap on the Cobras?
The irs is notoriously weak. Drag radials and wheel hop are the two main killers.

Unless you want to spend $2500 to upgrade the parts of the irs it's a good upgrade if done right.

I broke my modded irs twice. Once at the track on drag radials on the launch, second time on street tires shifting to 2nd. Swapped it for a built solid and don't regret it one bit.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
With swapping the IRS would you have to swap out the exhaust as well?
Yes.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Personally i wish i could find a terminator for 20 anywhere near me. If it's in nice unmolested condition its a steal imo. Terminator prices have been hovering around 20 for the past 5 years. Things are kind of a cult car.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
With swapping the IRS would you have to swap out the exhaust as well?
No. I'm running my bassani ss irs exhaust on my sra swap.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
Did you just have to add hangers?
Yupp. Spent $10 at autozone. Hangers at mufflers and tips, no problems with it moving or anything.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Coreyw428 said:
What about when you jack the car up? Any problems with it rubbing or anything?
I jack it up by the pumpkin, if you jack it up by the body it will hit the pipes.

The nice part is I only have two bolts holding the entire catback so it takes under a minute to pull the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
As said you can build the IRS to take track abuse but its VERY costly. If you want to go in a straight line as fast as possible the cheaper way is SRA. I however like the IRS and think its part of what makes the 03/04 cobra special so I dont plan to swap it out~ but if I beat on my car I would probably want and SRA and just keep the IRS put up for when ever I wanted to slap it back in.

As far as autox goes its a toss up as well, SRA setup vs IRS setup right both work great and get the job done, its all preference. The IRS however will do better on a not super flat track for sure~

1 - 20 of 24 Posts