Registered
1,027 Posts
I believe it unbolts.
The good CAI kits will have the proper flange to
bolt to the MAF.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
This is the actual MAF taken from my 2002.
The sensor you will need is on the other side of that plastic thing in the center. It all comes apart pretty easily, I got it that far with just a screwdriver to pry plastic off plastic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
lol, i had the same problem, i didnt know were my MAF was and i let my intake sit in my garage for a month, then i finally got someone that told me were it was, it took about an hour for the intire break down of the previous intake and putting in the new on, BY MY SELF AT 10 PM WITH A FLASH LIGHT, talk about challaging..... after all that i was so disapointed that i didnt hadnt figured it out sooner, its wonderful !!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i knew where it was but i didnt think my MAF sensor was like the ones the CAI's used . so what i was thinking was i had to buy a new MAF so that i could use a CAI .

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
project232 said:
yea i knew where it was but i didnt think my MAF sensor was like the ones the CAI's used . so what i was thinking was i had to buy a new MAF so that i could use a CAI .
Nah just take the stock one out of the housing and use it ont eh cai :)

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
if you remove the screw holding the black air intake tube onto teh throttle body, then remove the bolt holding the big air box on to the fender side ( 10mm i belive or 8mm )then teh whole assembly comes out minus unplugging the maf connection of course.

then if you look around the box you will see it held on with little clips or what not, if you push in on them you can work your way around the air box and it will eventually seperate, then once it is you can see the maf clearly, it is held on with 4 bolts, remove those, go easy on them they are kind of hard to get off some times, remove teh bolts NOT the studs.

once that is off pull the maff off make sure to keep the maf screen in tact, you need to make sure its installed on the cai when you instal it with the maf.

pull the electric wires though the hole, by pushing out the rubbing stopper to get all the wires free of the air box.

then you just bolt her up to the cai, the hardest part of the cai install is getting the air box on, the best way to do it is not stick the pipe quite so far into the fender well hole, just a little bit so you can manuver the air filter over it then push it on into the filter until its aligned right and thats really it. of course bolt her down god and maek sure to plug hte maf back in whe you are done, else you will get alot of black smoke from the exhaust....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts