Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Wow that's GREAT price, I may buy that next paycheck, the black wouldn't look so bad on my car for a few weeks too since I'd have to hold off on paint till the next pay period

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you think about it you could make some easy money and sell these as is with out the etc for $250. This guy tried to get me like that with a
K2 CAI ($45) from eBay for $115

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
If you think about it you could make some easy money and sell these as is with out the etc for $250. This guy tried to get me like that with a
K2 CAI ($45) from eBay for $115
Yep I see more and more of this on Craigslist

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

The plasti dip craze on Craigslist is nuts, I'm thinking about making some money on it

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
The door is open! I been looking at these lately too. I've seen good reviews and the size is 10.5
NOT BAD! I need new pads soon that sounds like a steal, but my buddy gave me a set of rear slotted rotors from eBay and I hate them because they give off a chirping when braking, sounds exactly like putting a baseball card in your bicycle tire as a kid

·
Super Moderator
18,074 Posts
With body parts, you get what you pay for. Likely going to spend some $$$ to get it to fit right. I would only buy OEM for an OEM style bumper cover. I mean if you want to be a guinea pig be my guest, I hope it fits ok for you, just dont' expect it to fit like OEM.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The rotors won't have color on them after any length of time. For something that stops your vehicle and may save your life, I wouldn't trust cheap ebay items that could easily have manufacturing defects.

·
Super Moderator
18,074 Posts
Also, drilled/slotted rotors are a waste of money and, honestly, drilled rotors should be illegal on street cars IMO. You actually LOSE stopping power as you lose surface area for the pads to grab onto not to mention drilled rotors, even the best, have a tendency to develop cracks and can fail. Cheap ebay ones are almost guaranteed to.

I just bought new rotors/pads and good ones too, and they were $160 to my door via rockauto. Raybestos rotors all around, Centric ceramic pads and this is for Cobra/Bullitt/Mach size stuff too which is more expensive than the GT stuff. And I guarandamntee I'll stop better than that cheap ebay crap.

This thread is a perfect example of you get what you pay for. I don't know about you but I don't want cheap ebay crap parts on my 3500lb piece of metal hurtling down the road at 80mph. Just sayin.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also, drilled/slotted rotors are a waste of money and, honestly, drilled rotors should be illegal on street cars IMO. You actually LOSE stopping power as you lose surface area for the pads to grab onto not to mention drilled rotors, even the best, have a tendency to develop cracks and can fail. Cheap ebay ones are almost guaranteed to.

I just bought new rotors/pads and good ones too, and they were $160 to my door via rockauto. Raybestos rotors all around, Centric ceramic pads and this is for Cobra/Bullitt/Mach size stuff too which is more expensive than the GT stuff. And I guarandamntee I'll stop better than that cheap ebay crap.

This thread is a perfect example of you get what you pay for. I don't know about you but I don't want cheap ebay crap parts on my 3500lb piece of metal hurtling down the road at 80mph. Just sayin.
You guys are pointing out some good points. Don't get me wrong I know that you get what you pay for. Honestly I'll get the bumper before I get the rotors. I just been checking them out cause of the reviews on them ya know? But I will get the bumper to see and take pics for you guys, doesn't try to hurt, I'll take that lost if it comes to it. I can always resale it

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

The rotors won't have color on them after any length of time. For something that stops your vehicle and may save your life, I wouldn't trust cheap ebay items that could easily have manufacturing defects.
Yeah I've seen the color change b4 on a new set. One of my friends have a black set (don't know the brand) but his is changing colors

·
Registered
2,068 Posts

Awesome looks like ill be ordering my pads and rotors from rockauto, found a set of full 4 pads and rotors for 137$ on there, NOT BAD!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts