Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the used car from small dealership and I want to replace the transmission fluid my myself..
It's 2005 gt 65000miles on it.
And It does not have any problem with tranny but I just want to do this as a preventative procedure...

Anybody help me!

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Id go by the color and or smell of the fluid...obviously nice pink trans fluid would be ideal!..i dont think its ever a bad idea to flush any fluid when buying a car!..
And changing the filter and gasket will give you a good look at whats,in the pan as well!..
Im saying this guessing its an auto trans correct?...
Not sure on the car you bought,but my standard trans says if its full its fine!...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have automatic.
You mean, It is okay that if I have full tranny fluid?

But I don't know that fluid is full or not... because 05 gt has no dipsticks and even doesn't have filling hole in the hood...
just has the fill/drain plug...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ford made the newer cars without a dipstick for the tranny so you would have to take them in to them to get it serviced I had a 02 explorer with a sealed tranny they rape you on service charges

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. But ford charged 230bucks for just replace the fluid...
So i take mine to other mechanic and they charged 160 to flush and refill..

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes, I have automatic.
You mean, It is okay that if I have full tranny fluid?

But I don't know that fluid is full or not... because 05 gt has no dipsticks and even doesn't have filling hole in the hood...
just has the fill/drain plug...
I added a Performance Automatic Deep Sump Aluminum Pan with Filler Tube and Dipstick to my 08. The extra fluid helps keep temperatures down and it is very easy to monitor the fluid level.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I added a Performance Automatic Deep Sump Aluminum Pan with Filler Tube and Dipstick to my 08. The extra fluid helps keep temperatures down and it is very easy to monitor the fluid level.

I want to add one to my 2014 v6 can you tell me how much it affects ground clearance? I am not lowered and will not be lowering it. Also how easy to install?

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Lmao quoted a 6 year old post man...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought the used car from small dealership and I want to replace the transmission fluid my myself..
It's 2005 gt 65000miles on it.
And It does not have any problem with tranny but I just want to do this as a preventative procedure...

Anybody help me!
go by the ford maintenance manual

1 - 12 of 12 Posts