Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a GT take off sway bar from ebay. When I tried to install it to my car, I realize that their diameters are of no difference. Below are their part numbers:

My 2014 V6 manual mustang: BR33-5482-EE-E29EA
The GT sway bar I purchased: BR33-5482-ED-E29EA

So I assume they are the same thing?

I called the dealer and they told me that the V6 mustang has the same sway bar as the GT convertible. GT coupe has a different sway bar.

Anyone knows the details?

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Its possible the GT ones are set up a little stiffer, but overall they would be the same. If you already had sway bars why would you buy more stock parts anyway even if they were from a GT? Why not go aftermarket?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I don't want to invest too much money on it. After all, it is a V6. I am trying to save up for a Corvette or a Cayman.

Stock parts are not necessarily bad. I just put Boss springs on my car, the change in cornering is phenomenal.

Its possible the GT ones are set up a little stiffer, but overall they would be the same. If you already had sway bars why would you buy more stock parts anyway even if they were from a GT? Why not go aftermarket?

K

·
0 Posts
Well, with the v6 pp, the front sway bar was swapped with a GT. So i would assume they are a tad stiffer. So you could swap it out. You might not feel a difference and aftermarket might be better. But since you have the part, might as well put it on. Save the stock v6 one in case anything happens to the GT one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion. If the difference is small, I might wait till fall to put it on. It is so hot in my garage right now.

Well, with the v6 pp, the front sway bar was swapped with a GT. So i would assume they are a tad stiffer. So you could swap it out. You might not feel a difference and aftermarket might be better. But since you have the part, might as well put it on. Save the stock v6 one in case anything happens to the GT one.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I don't want to invest too much money on it. After all, it is a V6. I am trying to save up for a Corvette or a Cayman.

Stock parts are not necessarily bad. I just put Boss springs on my car, the change in cornering is phenomenal.
Your putting parts that are made for a V8, not another V6. The springs may actually cause you to lose control in a tight turn.

So your saving up for a Vette or a Porsche. Why don't you just leave you car stock and you have more money for your new car. When are you plan on purchasing either one? 2030 or later? :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Vette', Id trade my car in for one in a second.:thumb:

To be honest Im not sure its worth the time to put it in. Then on the other hand you wont know until you try...hopefully you didnt spend to much money on them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

Life is short. Try all kind of cars when you can. There is no need to stick with one model car forever. :lol:

Nothing wrong with a Vette', Id trade my car in for one in a second.:thumb:

To be honest Im not sure its worth the time to put it in. Then on the other hand you wont know until you try...hopefully you didnt spend to much money on them.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I also know that on the V6, the rear sway bar is larger diameter than in the stock V6. What I don't know is if the bigger bar is pulled off a GT or not (might very well be, as that would be easiest/cheapest for Ford).

·
Registered
7,653 Posts

I sure do love those Vettes. Since you are trying to save up for a vette or Cayman, why buy any parts for your just a V6? Sounds like buying a GT sway bar was a waste of money when you have a perfectly fine sway bar on the V6 Wouldn't it make more sense to put that money towards the vette or Cayman?

What was the purpose of buying the Gt sway bar? Why?????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Sway Bar Sizes from 2014 Source Book

sway bars.jpg

Reactions: Shadetree43
K

·
0 Posts
So as long as that GT sway bar isn't from a convertable, and you don't have the V6 PP, then it is a mild upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Nope. The V6 PP equipped cars get a GT front swaybar and an older cobra/svt rear swaybar iirc.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
165 Posts
I installed stock GT coupe front and rear sway bars on a stock 2014 base V6 coupe and the difference is night and day, a huge improvement.

I did the rear first and it overpowered the stock V6 front sway bar. Then installed the front GT sway bar and the car handled tremendously better, a terrific improvement with both front and rear GT coupe sway bars installed, well worth doing, easy install.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I installed stock GT coupe front and rear sway bars on a stock 2014 base V6 coupe and the difference is night and day, a huge improvement.

I did the rear first and it overpowered the stock V6 front sway bar. Then installed the front GT sway bar and the car handled tremendously better, a terrific improvement with both front and rear GT coupe sway bars installed, well worth doing, easy install.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
If you're looking for an upgraded rear sway bar for your V6, consider one from a GT500 or Boss 302; they are larger than your stock V6 one.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
If you're looking for an upgraded rear sway bar for your V6, consider one from a GT500 or Boss 302; they are larger than your stock V6 one.
Don't know about the GT500 but on the Boss 302 it appears that only the rear is bigger than the GT or V6 PP.
Front/Rear (mm)
GT - 34.6/24.0
Boss 302 - 34.6/25.0
Laguna Seca Package - 34.6/26.0

EDIT: The 2011 GT's apparently had a different rear stabilizer bar. Shows as a 44mm. ?? The after markets are using 25mm for rear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts