Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 gt and the car feels laggy and it rocks back and forth when trying to push gas. My engine light also came on and it started blinking. I also hear like a nouse coming from where I shift if anyone can help I would appreciate it so so much

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Get the code for the cel and see what pops up. Usually when it blinks you should stop driving it

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Check youre coil pack and spark plug on whichever one is misfiring. Either bad plug or corroded coil

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I forgot to mention that the alternator was changed and it also has the battery light could that be causing the problem? I saw someone mention this so im jw here

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Make sure you're battery positive and negative are tighten firmly. I had the same problem with the battery flashing and turned out it wasn't making contact

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay but I mean could that be why it jerks im going to get the codes checkef just in case but I just dont know what's going on lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I took it to autozone and they said cylinder 4 was misfiring so I replaced the spark plugs and seems a lot better:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts