Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOOO HOOOOOOOOOO It came today finally after 2 months I got my 4 th Fordchip and 3rd burn for this one

184 Posts
man y did u have to have so many reburns im ordering my chip tommorow any advice??????

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are near stock and are doing it for a little power and for lifting the speed limiter and raising the govenor and giving you a firmer shift. They do that well and should have no problems I have heavily modded my car with stage 3 intakes, HP heads and High lift cam They have run into problems with a mail order tune. If I had to do it over again I would have saved money and just had a dyno tune.

Because I have been running rich since April now my cats are burnt out

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
hes getting his burnt for nitrous corey. hes getting the flip chip. but yea, the mail order "dyno tune" is the worst way. its a test n try method of burning

184 Posts
thank you monkey u r 100 percent correct. Hoping that fordchip will give me some fast results i talked to SteveC the big fordchip freak and he said he got his on tuesday and he had ordered it a week ago. So im hoping i have the same luck. Next stop NX and a bigger fuel pump for stepping up to a 100 shot.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
making a chip for nitrous and a mostly stock motor is not that hard. Pete retards the timing a bit and returns the tranny back to original shifting to prevent the nitrous from damaging the tranny. I have a flip chip and I had no problems until I modded the engine. You should be OK

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I have found my long lost low end torque I go to a stop sign and proceeded to annihilate my tires and my Idle is a little higher but the richness appears to be gone I dont smell fuel anymore when I sit still at idle

184 Posts
corey i did not know that he keeps the nitrous sides shifting stock. This kinda bothers me cuz i thougth that with it i could spray thru my shifts since they would be hard and firm????? Is there anything he does on the nitrous side? Almosts seems like a waste of the extra money???

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he retards the timing a bit to prevent detonation. I asked him about the shift thing and he says the nitrous hits hard enough you wont miss the firm shift. and your tranny last longer

184 Posts
so can u or cant u spray thru ur shifts?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes you can. Just get a window switch to eliminate the guesswork so you spray at preset RPM settings

184 Posts
so what r the advantages of having a chip burned for nitrous and using that setting while spraying over not having a chip at all while spraying.?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spraying and not having a chip to ****** timing can cause detonation and destroy your car especially with a 100 shot. Plus you want the advantages of the chip when not spraying.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you dont need a window switch when running nitrous on an automatic. the tranny even w/o a shift kit will not drop below 3000rpms at WOT when shifting. window switches are good for people who suck at shifting manual cars, thats it.

and yes, steve, youll want slightly retarded timing with the nitrous for a 100 shot. you can run 92 octane and stock timing with a 75 shot, but with a 100 shot, i would prefer slightly retarded timing.

for the chip, the speed and rpm limiters can still be removed on the nitrous side. i was wrong, i thought the shift feature could remain, but corey said otherwise. i would still get the flip chip because youll still get like 10hp when running N/A

184 Posts
so basically its more of a safety thing by getting this chip burned on the n2o side the timing adjustment along with the 155 fuel pump i will be safer running the 100 shot

184 Posts
im still ordering the flip chip tommorow i just hope fordchip gets it to me on time :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
MusclesFromBrussels said:
so basically its more of a safety thing by getting this chip burned on the n2o side the timing adjustment along with the 155 fuel pump i will be safer running the 100 shot
thats a big 10-4 rodger

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well lets see 2 days after changing my F-4 Fordchip the car runs much better but I have a engine light and it is the same code from 4 chips ago they I guess they forgot when burning this chip.

when I give it gas and release the throttle the RPM hang for about 3 seconds before dropping to 1000 RPM

When I am at a stop and release the brake the car will jump to 1300 RPM and I am going down the road around 15 without putting my foot on the gas

I am about over the constant hassles ARR :( :evil: :shock: :wtf: GGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :oops:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts