Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys and gals, this vortech and my left foot have finally worn my clutch out. I am putting down 550ft/lbs of torque at the flywheel and also have 3.73 gears. I am wanting a clutch capable of handing that kind of power but still has a soft pedal feel as this is a DD. I will be getting Ford Racing TOB and pilot bearings along with an adjustable quadrant and firewall adjuster. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I now have sticker shock.... $800 for just a clutch is WAY out of my price range. For another $100 I could get a new billet flywheel too

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Idk Cody, I thought the same but when you think about driving pleasure, especially in a dd the extra couple hundred bucks is nothing compared to what you get out of it.

Your clutch is the most used and interfaced device on your car and is the deciding factor in your drivability and pleasure of your beast, you should go with McLeod for many reasons.

I've had those other clutches, yeah they were OK I guess....I had a new King Cobra, Cf, Exedy, never really liked any of them.

This McLeod has changed they way I interface while driving, it's so smooth and soft it has completely taken my driving experience to the next level with this car.

And the extra control you have with it is awesome.

And being s/c, this is not an area to be skimping IMO.

Promise you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately it's just not in my budget right now. The clutch needs done ASAP and I just don't have the funds to pay that much plus get all the other odds and ends I will need to do the job right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts