Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
If I can red right all you will reuse are the bots to hold them in. It's been almost 3 years now sense I installed mine though

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Remember*

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wanted to ask more on this. Some of the install notes say not to drive on bolted up lca brackets. Do they really need to be welded? What brands do people have? And are they welded or bolted? Any other feedback?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wanted to ask more on this. Some of the install notes say not to drive on bolted up lca brackets. Do they really need to be welded? What brands do people have? And are they welded or bolted? Any other feedback?
I used factory hardware and it seems fine. If your car was 15 years old I'd say get new hardware. I bought a set directly from Freedom Racing. They have a line of "Stallion Suspension" quality parts, 100% made in USA and competitively priced. I definitely recommend.

http://www.shopfreedomracing.com/Premium-Lower-Control-Arms-2005-2013-Mustang-FRST-9002.htm

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do all items pictured come with the lca set? ;) lol.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
rick9550 said:
The relocation brackets are what gets welded, not the control arms.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
BMR brackets here. They are not required to be welded. This is straight from Kelly @ BMR.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
BMR brackets here. They are not required to be welded. This is straight from Kelly @ BMR.
Yea I wondered about the welding, how are yours holding up?? I'm installing mine as we speak... I started yesterday but I didn't have a socket big enough for the bolts that came with the relo brackets... I believe it's a 22mm...

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Yea I wondered about the welding, how are yours holding up?? I'm installing mine as we speak... I started yesterday but I didn't have a socket big enough for the bolts that came with the relo brackets... I believe it's a 22mm...
Holding up fine. The pic I put up shows them in the lowest hole but thru my testing it just hits street tires too hard. I've since moved them to the middle hole but once my new drag setup goes on in the Spring I'll do some more testing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts