Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to the garage today to install the transmission and noticed the jack holding the engine up bleed off. Jacked it back up and something popped. Could this have been a motor mount or something? I'm just hoping something could've been caught on a lip of something and popped loose.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
jhagan1980 said:
Went out to the garage today to install the transmission and noticed the jack holding the engine up bleed off. Jacked it back up and something popped. Could this have been a motor mount or something? I'm just hoping something could've been caught on a lip of something and popped loose.
Maybe, just inspect all lines like radiator P/S and such. Guess you know now but jack stands are always best if you have to leave something up over night.. I don't trust any jack ever! The more I think I'm thinking motor mount..

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is on stands, I had a jack under the engine to support it since tranny and tranny cross member were out.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You heard the big pop.... I think we've all heard the big pop before.... lol

The pop could have been linkage, or exhaust or coolant lines, or anything else, hanging up a little on something when you jacked it up... If you don't see anything that looks bent or broken, you could be fine...

It wouldn't have hurt to slip something under it to hold it, like the above mentioned jack stand, when you leave it sit....

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beav said:
You heard the big pop.... I think we've all heard the big pop before.... lol

The pop could have been linkage, or exhaust or coolant lines, or anything else, hanging up a little on something when you jacked it up... If you don't see anything that looks bent or broken, you could be fine...

It wouldn't have hurt to slip something under it to hold it, like the above mentioned jack stand, when you leave it sit....
Hindsight is 20/20

·
Registered
565 Posts
I know, I know... lol We all learn from our mistakes, well most of us do....

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
deadsp0t said:
I Meant no disrespect with my comment about the jack stands. Hope all is well with your ride when you start putting it back together.
None taken. I was just telling you my set up with the stands and jack. I'm just hoping everything is alright.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
deadsp0t said:
When do you plan on reinstall? Everything checking out ok??
I have the tranny back in just need to reinstall driveshaft,x pipe, shifter, and add transmission oil. I hope to have it together this weekend. Oh and I need to install and adjust the new steeda clutch cable,firewall adjuster, and quadrant.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It will be drivable but I store it in the winter, so other than a test drive it will be in the garage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts