1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
789 Posts
I just went out to double check my stands and see if the item # on my stands were involved in the recall. Mine are GOOD. Upon doing that I took a good look at the weld where the two base plates are welded. Mine look OK , no cracks or unusual looking things, but I will be adding a strap on the bottom to make sure they don't collapse. Thanks for the notification. I have bought a lot of goodies from Harbor and I believe I've only received one recall notice. Didn't get one for these for obvious reasons as stated above, but thanks for making me look.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Just watched a video about the new replacement stands possibly cracking and coming apart at the seam where the two halves of the base are welded together.
No matter which brand of jack stands are being used, they should be carefully inspected everytime that you are going to trust your life to them.
The HF replacement stands have a large sticker that covers most of the seam on both sides. It would be a good idea to have a look at the inside of the seam before each use.
In any case, I recommend using two means of supporting the vehicle while working underneath it.... Such as leaving the jack underneath, using a tire/wheel placed so that the vehicle cannot fall completely to the ground, blocks of concrete or hardwood, etc.

Stay safe folks!
:)

·
Registered
402 Posts
They must be made in China. Seems like everything they make and send to the US is designed to accidentally kill Americans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts