Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know where to put the jack . Lol simple qustion can I jack up 3 tires at once? Like I want to use jack stands for front 2 ( only have 2) then the jack that came with car for a rear side. I'm plasti dipping rims . Is that bad for suspension or will it be fine ? Thanks sorry if this is dumb but first time really working on own car and its new to me

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Just make sure the front is secure on the jack stands.

To answer your question, yes you can.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Yes I know where to put the jack . Lol simple qustion can I jack up 3 tires at once? Like I want to use jack stands for front 2 ( only have 2) then the jack that came with car for a rear side. I'm plasti dipping rims . Is that bad for suspension or will it be fine ? Thanks sorry if this is dumb but first time really working on own car and its new to me
Don't do that. Just do it in stages. And don't use the spare tire jack. Your just asking for trouble. Use a real 2 ton jack.

Just do 2 rims at a time or buy 2 more jack stands and do them all at once.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you shouldnt leave your car supported by just a jack in the rear, I would pick up two more jack stands (they are cheap)

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Moto111 said:
Very unsafe, especially with the stock jack . You can get by doing that with a floor jack, but do not get under the car what so ever. Jack the back in the center lifting both tires.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Yeah dude, you should buy two more jack stands.the scissor jack is very unsafe to use to support the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well il just use floor jack to out 2 front tires on stand and do it that way. They are like 40 buck lol not cheap lol

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Well il just use floor jack to out 2 front tires on stand and do it that way. They are like 40 buck lol not cheap lol
40?

Almost everywhere sells them for $25 for the pair of 3 ton jack stands

Harbor freight, advanced auto, auto zone, Walmart. Etc.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
cheaper than reconstructive surgery if a car falls on your face or a funeral :( regardless of what you do just keep it safe

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Just in case, please have someone there to take pictures of the car on you......Oh something else..... then call 911.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha. Very cute . Il just do two at a time just will take me longer no biggy just thought I'd ask

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I have a picture of where to place the jack . It's on frame right behind front tire jus Guna jack it up and put one side on stand then repeat . Just never worked on own car before and want to be careful . Rather not bend anything

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Well I have a picture of where to place the jack . It's on frame right behind front tire jus Guna jack it up and put one side on stand then repeat . Just never worked on own car before and want to be careful . Rather not bend anything
I really wouldn't do that, at all. Using the spare tire jack for this purpose. You are just asking to damage your car or yourself.

I would wait until you save up and buy a floor jack. You just got your car and you're just asking to damage it just to plasti dip your rims.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1. I meant floor jack to jack up frame and use jack stands

2 why would they include the car jack if it would damage the car. I see no problem using the pinch point where the jack is supposed to go and jacking it up and placing a jack stand there . They included it to change tires so it must work .

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
1. I meant floor jack to jack up frame and use jack stands

2 why would they include the car jack if it would damage the car. I see no problem using the pinch point where the jack is supposed to go and jacking it up and placing a jack stand there . They included it to change tires so it must work .
because using that jack is intended to get one corner of the car off the ground far enough to remove the wheel and put a spare on, not to jack the car fram up high enough to get jack stands under the car.

another member on here already tried that, poor guy, and the thing collapsed on him. Maybe you can ask him if it was made to do that. Thankfully he nor the car was injured.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Um I'm not raising my car 5 feet off ground jack up enough to slid jack in after tires off and done lol not arguing jus did it on my 05 when I had no floor jack and it lived. So u mean ya if I was jacking it high I'm sure jack would give way lol

So floor jack on the frame behind front tire is fine then put jack stand? And thanks guys don't wana hurt my baby lol or me but mostly her lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
Why pay for jack stands? Buy some 2x12s and make your own ramps or stands. Use a floor jack to lift the front end and place them
Under then do the same to the rear. 30 bucks or less with wood and nails and you can do better then a jack stand

1 - 20 of 39 Posts