Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got it, where should i be checking for exhaust leaks? Or where should i weld? Have heard some storys, but anything anyone can share before i install the offroad xpipe that could save me from redoing this type of job?

I dont mind welding a couple spots because niether im i getting anything for the next year nor do i have state regulations.

Thanks in advance for any inputs!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I've heard good reviews about the JBA x-pipes as far as fitment goes. I have the H-pipe myself but I have kept the cats to be removed at a later time so the cat deletes are in the shed for now. I had zero leaks and haven't had any since install about 800 miles ago, but I made sure it was on right before I did the final clamp down. I think if you make sure you have it on right you'll be fine and you can always adjust it if you find a leak... Shouldn't need to weld anything.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard good reviews about the JBA x-pipes as far as fitment goes. I have the H-pipe myself but I have kept the cats to be removed at a later time so the cat deletes are in the shed for now. I had zero leaks and haven't had any since install about 800 miles ago, but I made sure it was on right before I did the final clamp down. I think if you make sure you have it on right you'll be fine and you can always adjust it if you find a leak... Shouldn't need to weld anything.
Alright thanks man!

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
OzzyLiriano said:
I checked online and there was a couple threads talking about leaks, ill just make sure its tight and ill put just a couple spots with my welder to be sure. Thanks though
Unless you weld it 100%, I wouldn't weld it at all. The tacks will keep the outer pipe from collapsing around the inner pipe to make a good seal.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless you weld it 100%, I wouldn't weld it at all. The tacks will keep the outer pipe from collapsing around the inner pipe to make a good seal.
Well i the only reason why i said this becuase the best muffler shop here, they do exotic cars etc... Told me to do this, ill have to look more into that then, they were charging me 75 to do the o/r xpipe, i rather do it myself.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
OzzyLiriano said:
Well i the only reason why i said this becuase the best muffler shop here, they do exotic cars etc... Told me to do this, ill have to look more into that then, they were charging me 75 to do the o/r xpipe, i rather do it myself.
It should seal up fine. Just get everything together first hand tight, then tighten everything at once. Use common sense when you do it, you don't want to over tighten. $75 for 15min labor is a little steep.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It should seal up fine. Just get everything together first hand tight, then tighten everything at once. Use common sense when you do it, you don't want to over tighten. $75 for 15min labor is a little steep.
Lmfao yup, i rather do it myself and take my girl out to dinner or something, miami is getting expensive by the min

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine leaked on the driver side where it mates up to the down pipe. I had to force it over since it did not fit 100% perfect which shouldn't be expected anyways. Being that the Ford factory clamps are not a full 360 seal it leaked no matter what I did. I ended up getting a torqtite easy seal clamp from NAPA and added some high heat rtv this time around. Leak is gone. I don't believe it's a common problem for these to leak but if so from one of the front clamps then there's your fix. Oh and I used the 3" clamp to accommodate the hump.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine leaked on the driver side where it mates up to the down pipe. I had to force it over since it did not fit 100% perfect which shouldn't be expected anyways. Being that the Ford factory clamps are not a full 360 seal it leaked no matter what I did. I ended up getting a torqtite easy seal clamp from NAPA and added some high heat rtv this time around. Leak is gone. I don't believe it's a common problem for these to leak but if so from one of the front clamps then there's your fix. Oh and I used the 3" clamp to accommodate the hump.
Hey man i got a leak, its also lof and annoying, does advance auto parts have those clamps

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Hey man i got a leak, its also lof and annoying, does advance auto parts have those clamps
Nope. I had checked for something else and looked for clamps like that. They only have those bent metal rod clamps that don't apply to our exhaust type at all.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I saw this posted on a forum
Those would be the best IMHO for getting rid of leaks. Would need to be 3" clamps and are what I was looking at getting. I don't have a leak but I feel like my exhaust would seem sturdier with those.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those would be the best IMHO for getting rid of leaks. Would need to be 3" clamps and are what I was looking at getting. I don't have a leak but I feel like my exhaust would seem sturdier with those.
Man i dont have any store nearby, you think you can help find it on the site, atleast the right one becuase i see a couple

1 - 20 of 34 Posts