Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay. so i have a 2010 jeep wrangler 2 dr sport X. this kid is talkin mad crap about his 2008 mustang deluxe (4L v-6 SOHC). my jeep has the not-so-good 3.8L OHV. all i have done to it is a cold air intake (quite nice, too). in a short drag race, what are my chances of winning? (given my 0-60 time is 6.7 seconds compared to his 7.2 :p)

·
Registered
9 Posts
you really can't compare the two as they are both made for different purposes. the ford mustang is made for speed where the jeep wrangler is made for off roading. so it all comes down to a basic question you have to ask yourself: what do you want? speed or off road ability
if you have the wrangler and jeep compete in a race, the mustang would fly away leaving the jeep in the dust, but if you hook up a trailer home to the two, the jeep would pull the trailer where the mustang wouldn't go anywhere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are talking about .5 second here, not much time....any thing could easily make up that difference.
Say "one thousand one" and you have spent a second. By the time you move your foot, it could be a second...and your advantage is lost.

Besides, a Wrangler is not designed for racing. Why take the chance on ruining a nice off road vehicle, by racing someone? Challenge him to an off road race, and then see who wins...LOL.

Like someone else mentioned, the 6.7 your 0 -60 times are not realistic in real life....too many variables to consider. Even tire pressure can make the difference.

Take if Off road, that is what it is designed for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
He's got a V6 poser-mobile Mustang. Let him talk, he's all sizzle and no steak just like his car.

That being said, parroting 0-60 times from Motor Trend doesnt hold water in the real world. Don't go thinking your Jeep is a rocket-sled because you slapped a cold-air intake on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
You're an idiot forget the kid with Mustang. You are talking two totally different vehicles. If you wanted to race you totally bought the one. Get over it and avoid an express ride to the local morgue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
its a draw.. it will all depend on the driver.. even something as small as having a few extra gallons of gas could make the difference.. Just race him and see? If you can for a short race if you have a 2W low gear might help just off the line..

·
Registered
7 Posts
why would you ask what your chances are when you already know you can beat him a half of a second faster...?
IF he has a manual and im guessing your wrangler is an auto.
you lose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts