Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok start from the beginning. Car sat for 2 yrs but started and run for about half hour maybe once a month sometimes longer. Fixed it and started driving around April. About a month ago it started jerking on acceleration. But one under a strong load. If I was easy tit would not jerk. So found that the fuel pump under a strong load and the back to idle would drop 20-30 psi until it sat at idle for 5-10 min and then go back to normal. Didn't think that was the problem but still fixed it and now never changes psi. Than changes the fuel regulator and no change. Next looking into the MAS EGR and the EGR modulator. So replace the modulator and change a little but but not perfect. Was tied between the MAS and the EGR. I borrowed the MAS from my friend at the part store and put it in but didn't fully fix the issue. So would like to know if anyone has a good idea as to what is wrong or if someone has had the same problem and knows what fixes it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
When is the last time you changed the fuel filter?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
when you put on the MAF sensor did you do a full drive cycle...just swapping it out wouldn't give instant perfect results because the car is learning the new part

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea drove about 5 miles also it didn't have that jerking except some in fifth. That's y I think the main issue is the EGR if not both EGR and MAS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No it's not a misfire. I used my coworker comp and it shows if the ecu feels a misfire and none of them were misfiring. So I know it has to do something with fuel intake and exaust. So I going to wait and c what happens with the MAS and then move onto the EGR.

·
Registered
402 Posts
No it's not a misfire. I used my coworker comp and it shows if the ecu feels a misfire and none of them were misfiring. So I know it has to do something with fuel intake and exaust. So I going to wait and c what happens with the MAS and then move onto the EGR.
I was havin the same problem earlier this week, changed my MAFS, iac, IAT plugs, and wires. How do I check the egr?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Need to have a comp that has the data to read it. And while driving look at the voltage it show's while driving. At idle it should be at .9v and at different moment c how the voltage changes. I don't remember what it should change on different loads but no matter what should never exceed 5v

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So still can have that problem but its not as much. Fifth gear has it or just under enough load but not always. Also the more I drive in one day the more it has an issue under load.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The ecu doesn't always read a missfire. I chased the same issue down for months with no codes or anything. Turned out my plugs were bad. It only did it under load as well.

Had the same issue with my 4 cyl mazda. Changed plugs, wires. Ended up being the coil pack. Wont hurt to actually look at them. I still say it's ignition.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well there is no codes but ford has a misfire scanner that shows any kind of misfire. It will show it even if its only one misfire every other cycle. The numbers do not move from 0. But I agree with u on replacing those parts. I can c it being some kind of misfire.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The same happens o my v6 but only on one gear at a high rate of acceleration. Like merging onto the highway or just when I feel like going fast ;). Could this be a spark plug issue as it started happening right after I did a full tune up including new spark plugs? If so why would it only happen in a certain gear at hi acceleration? And also how would I go about fixing it if it were a ark plug problem?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts