Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried or currently using either a chip or power module by Jet?

If so,Thoughts and opinions please.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
For a mustang there is only one Program that is designed By Ford engineers and programmers and tuned by Ford engineers and programmers. They drive Ford cars

That is SCT Custom Tuning. They either tune direct to your EEC or have a chip available. The second best chip is not even in the same league PERIOD

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
look at him push that SCT chip... and they don't even sponsor him..... (or do they?)... they should!! :D

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
All the other chips are at best generic. Most can only make changes to the program in 500 RPM increments. Most of the other guys chips really need a dyno to get it right but they are still limited to changes in every 500 rpm

SCT on the other hand can makes changes every 25 or 50 RPM this allows for tuning across the entire RPM band in a more precise tuning. The fact is that because SCT has Ford tuners data base from thousands upon thousands of Mustangs. The tuners are what make the chip the best and SCT has the best programmers in the business

No they do not sponsor me but I am SCT tuned and My car rock and rolls.

Hey wait maybe they should sponsor me !!!!!!:D

·
Banned
321 Posts
It would have been a good idea to get a different chip/module if I planned on modding my Mustang more, Jet served its purpose for my degree of modding, but I get what you are saying...

BTW, I am calling that chip manufacture and asking them to hire you as a spokesperson...:lmao:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Thanks !!!! HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

You are right if you have a stock motor a generic chip can give you what you desire but from the vast multitudes of people to post on all the forum generic chips can be hit and miss.

·
Registered
251 Posts
the other thing that is nice about a tuner is that u can get rid of the speed limiters, change the idle rpms, get rid of the rev limiter (for those that want to blow up their car), and mine has a mil eliminator for offroad h pipes that u can program right into the computer instead of buying the mil eliminators that plug into the o2 sensor harness. has a bunch of mods for automatic shift crap too.
Diablosport

·
Registered
676 Posts
i got these off of SCT's site are these numbers accurate and i know mine would be less since auto but how much less
04 Mustang 3.9LYes19 rwhp21 ft-lbs

·
Banned
321 Posts
timpryor said:
i got these off of SCT's site are these numbers accurate and i know mine would be less since auto but how much less
04 Mustang 3.9LYes19 rwhp21 ft-lbs
The site says
NOTE: Real Dyno Proven HP in a scientific test environment. Horsepower & Torque Gains achieved using Premium Fuel. * 2 Step Computer Controlled Rev Limiter is only available on 1999 - 2004 vehicles with standard transmission. ** Vehicle will require original PCM to be sent to Superchips Custom Tuning. Express Service Available
I am guessing they are accurate during the tests they performed...

·
Banned
321 Posts
slvr2000stang said:
Why waste money on a "Generic Chip" when you can get the real deal the first time.

I too have an SCT but the flasher version & the pro-racer package so I can make my own changes as needed.
Depends on what you see as "generic" and a "waste of money". If you plan on doing a lot of modding such as adding gears, supercharging, etc. Then getting one of the chips that you can tune yourself or take it in and get it tuned at a speed shop would make more sense. I myself dont plan on modding my V6 any further than what I have, just wanted something to hold me over till I get a Cobra. So. the "generic chip" served its purpose.;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kaper232 said:
I use a Jet Module... What do you want to know about it.

It works!

You say it works,what perfomance gains are you getting?Was it easy to install?Thanks.

·
Banned
321 Posts
This is what Jet says..
The JET Module for Ford applications optimized the ignition spark advance, air/fuel ratio, transmission and various other parameters for the ultimate power gains. Great for towing and SUV applications as well as all out street performance cars, or your everyday driver, the JET Performance Module can add up to 30 hp to your Ford.
I would say that a 10hp gain is more like it. It drops your idle down, boosts your rev limiter, a little better throttle response, boosts your speed limit cut-off, and helps out gas mileage a little bit.

The module is very easy to install...

I would recommend going with another manufacturer if you plan on doing any serious mods to your car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts