Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using or found something different than the oiled filter from JLT as the replacement? Oiled is ok but kinda perfer a good dry. Who makes it and the part # if you can.Thanks! BTW if it matters which I think it may or may not.....It's the Carbon Fiber intake.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Needs replaced or cleaned and oiled and I have no oil kit for it.My options are to buy another from jlt thats new and ready to put on or find another type that will work.Just seeing what others have found

·
Lorraine's driver
8,188 Posts
As long as you lightly oil the filter it will be fine. Just check your intake tube for oil in it if ur worried about over oiling.
+1 Also heard this reduces effectiveness of filtering w/o oil

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Needs replaced or cleaned and oiled and I have no oil kit for it.My options are to buy another from jlt thats new and ready to put on or find another type that will work.Just seeing what others have found
You could clean it and not oil it. They might sell the cleaner seperately somewhere locally, like O'Reilly Auto.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
back n a stang said:
You can get filter oil everywhere. I use k&n filter recharge kits. Cost 8$ and it comes with enough oil and cleaner for 20 recharges. I get it at canadian tire up here but I'm sure you can find some... jlt has great filters.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got off phone with JLT. I ordered a new one.I will later order the complete clean & Oil kit.This way I can always have a fresh one ready to put on when needed.Thanks for the replies though. i guess I was looking a quick alternative but said F-it and spent the change.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,188 Posts
back n a stang said:
Just got off phone with JLT. I ordered a new one.I will later order the complete clean & Oil kit.This way I can always have a fresh one ready to put on when needed.Thanks for the replies though. i guess I was looking a quick alternative but said F-it and spent the change.
Word up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts