Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I've got a 2012 Gt500 and am looking at the jlt for the stock blower and throttle body. I've seen number claims in the 90's+hp with it and a bama tune. Has anyone had any real life experience with this? With a few more simple bolt on's this would put me close to 700hp that would be stupid.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the CAI works good, but the open element design already there on the new GT500s is better than the previous setups.... so the gain wont be as much. The biggest gain is the tune itself since the car is supercharged you can get a ton of power here alone.

I would recommend a local dyno tune since your car is supercharged to ensure is spot on or at least data logging after what ever tune you go with to make sure its right and safe.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Alright I've got a 2012 Gt500 and am looking at the jlt for the stock blower and throttle body. I've seen number claims in the 90's+hp with it and a bama tune. Has anyone had any real life experience with this? With a few more simple bolt on's this would put me close to 700hp that would be stupid.
Jguida,

It's definitely worth it! On a bone stock 12' GT500, we've seen gains of 48+RWHP and 50+RWTQ with just a JLT and Tune. Those numbers are obviously higher through out the curve as well, these are peek numbers. The more supporting mods you get, the better those power numbers will be! A Pulley is definitely the next most beneficial mod and it compliments the JLT and Tune very well.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow thanks guys that was extremely helpful I am certainly more interested now. Would this effect the factory warrantee and what not? With a new CAI, pully or idler?

·
ME Bloodhound
14,700 Posts
Wow thanks guys that was extremely helpful I am certainly more interested now. Would this effect the factory warrantee and what not? With a new CAI, pully or idler?
Warranties usually depend on the dealer. I would ask your dealer if a certain part would void your warranty or not... Sometimes if it is a part (not a tune) that is put on you may be able to have them install it and keep the warranty... A tune will usually void it though.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Warranties usually depend on the dealer. I would ask your dealer if a certain part would void your warranty or not... Sometimes if it is a part (not a tune) that is put on you may be able to have them install it and keep the warranty... A tune will usually void it though.
Soccrluvr has definitely pointed you in the right direction. I would recommend give a few local dealers a call and see what they think about the tuner. The CAI and Pulley should be fine. Most Service writers that are car guys are usually pretty cool and understand what should and shouldn't be covered!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan

·
Registered
352 Posts
Jlt is good stuff- had one on my 11 gt/cs and it was sweet- havent gotten one yet but jlt is local for me and they use a dyno 1 block away from my house- great people too!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a lot of help thanks everyone I'll have to check with both my dealers one in az and the other in fl since I'll between both and see what they have to say

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Jguida said:
That's a lot of help thanks everyone I'll have to check with both my dealers one in az and the other in fl since I'll between both and see what they have to say
If you have a major problem, a dealer has to call a Ford rep in, It's not up to the dealership. That's a lot of money to be gambling with.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn ok that's good to know as well, looks like I'm going have to wait out the warranty then, might as well just go to a super snake by then

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Jguida said:
Damn ok that's good to know as well, looks like I'm going have to wait out the warranty then, might as well just go to a super snake by then
Lol, if you can afford a super snake, who needs a warranty anyways.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
894 Posts
Have you baselined the car to see what you're starting with ?
Do you gave a goal as far as hp gains ? ( you can have anything you can afford )
You can't do much to the motor as far as mods are concerned & not void your drivetrain warranty. ( SS package included )

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Honestly you're just paying for a pretty pipe, factory piping with an open filter will net close results

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have the jlt cai, Vmp pulley, and bama tune in my 2007 gt500. I started with 435 rwhp and after the mods I was at 535 rwhp and 513 rwtq which is 100 rwhp increase for you however you would be probably 10-20 rwhp more with the same mods (supposedly) so you are probably in the 460rwhp range now and after the said mods you could very easily be in the 550 rwhp range... By the way if I were you I would also invest in an afco dual fan heat exchanger in my attachment you will see my dyno graph in the second pull I was 10-15 rwhp more throughout the pull until heatsoak took over above 6500 I had a little slip on the dyno as well I think that's why the torque was low on the first run...

image-796116220.jpg

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn ok so this all seems pretty debatable now... As for the super snake this is my first manual car so I figured I'd wait to till I got more a of hang of 550 ponies before I went to 800. See what I was think was slowing buying the parts and exterior accessories doing most of the work my self and then sending it Vegas to have them finish it off.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Too be honest you could get more performance for less than you would pay for the super snake I would only do the super snake for the fact that it was a true super snake and resale value but if only doing it for performance use your money in a more wise manor

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ford changed the what's covered under warranty with the 2011 GTs. Owners were getting tunes from people who did not understand the VCT which caused damage. Then they wanted Ford to fix it, NOT! Ford then sent out a check list to dealers showing what to check for before performing warranty work.

I would keep the motor intact unless you can afford to pay for any damage after a tune has been installed. Don't try the, "I'll just take all the mods off and reinstall the factory tune" either. They will know.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ford changed the what's covered under warranty with the 2011 GTs. Owners were getting tunes from people who did not understand the VCT which caused damage. Then they wanted Ford to fix it, NOT! Ford then sent out a check list to dealers showing what to check for before performing warranty work.

I would keep the motor intact unless you can afford to pay for any damage after a tune has been installed. Don't try the, "I'll just take all the mods off and reinstall the factory tune" either. They will know.
This is true but they have been tuning the gt500s for 7 years they have them down to a science now...the 5.0 was a new engine with new perimeters so yeah a handful got messed up but I wouldn't be afraid to tune your gt500 with bama they are on the safe side and also stand behind their tunes...see my dyno sheet above air fuel was absolutely perfect

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Plus with the widebands on the 2011s you could just buy a gauge and monitor your air fuel on the go

·
Registered
461 Posts
Post pics of your car!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts