Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question about the straight fittings on the JLT oil separator. I was talking to a fellow pony owner at the World of Wheels at KC that I saw had one and he mentioned one of the GT500 owners cracked one of the fittings but I thought he said it was plastic. Ended up chasing the air leak and eventually replaced the fittings with brass. These fittings look to be and noted in video as aluminum. Were these plastic at one point? Reason I got the separator was because the GT500 owner had cracked open his Whipple and said it was covered in oil. I don't want that.

http://youtu.be/MKFfT_hUIIA

·
Registered
453 Posts
Got a question about the straight fittings on the JLT oil separator. I was talking to a fellow pony owner at the World of Wheels at KC that I saw had one and he mentioned one of the GT500 owners cracked one of the fittings but I thought he said it was plastic. Ended up chasing the air leak and eventually replaced the fittings with brass. These fittings look to be and noted in video as aluminum. Were these plastic at one point? Reason I got the separator was because the GT500 owner had cracked open his Whipple and said it was covered in oil. I don't want that.

JLT Oil Separator Install on Blown 5.0 - YouTube
I believe they were revised at some point ... I SEEM to recall that JLT will provide you with new metal fittings if you contact them.

Mine are plastic but I have not had an issue as of yet.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they were revised at some point ... I SEEM to recall that JLT will provide you with new metal fittings if you contact them.

Mine are plastic but I have not had an issue as of yet.
That's good to know. Mine did come with metal so I'm good to go. Installing today!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts