Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I can tell you that it does catch oil just dumped some out but anyways the reason I'm posting this because since there is no support bracket for the separator I have noticed the PCV is a bit loose. My concern is that it may crack from to much play since there is no support bracket ? Has anyone else have had any problems or not ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have had my jlt separator on for almost 20k miles and never had an issue. The connections are pretty beefy stock so i'm not to worried.

·
Registered
672 Posts
This is probably a dumb question but does it eliminate the oil smoke smell from the exhaust? I have an o/r exhaust and a JLT CAI and I can smell burning oil quite often which drives me nuts. I hear the 3v motor spits up a lot of oil from the crank vacuum and was wondering if this eliminates the oil from going into the intake at least.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Never noticed an oil smoke smell and I also have a jlt intake and offroad mid pipe, so i guess.

·
Registered
903 Posts
This is probably a dumb question but does it eliminate the oil smoke smell from the exhaust? I have an o/r exhaust and a JLT CAI and I can smell burning oil quite often which drives me nuts. I hear the 3v motor spits up a lot of oil from the crank vacuum and was wondering if this eliminates the oil from going into the intake at least.
If you have O/R X you should be smelling fuel like smell and its normal.Cats eliminate that. Stands the reason why emissions require them in most states. You are putting out a more raw un-filtered smell of fuel.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yeah I get the fuel smell, I've had an o/r and catted system on both my mustangs so I know the smell difference between them. Just was wondering if the oil separator is necessary for the oil issue.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yeah I get the fuel smell, I've had an o/r and catted system on both my mustangs so I know the smell difference between them. Just was wondering if the oil separator is necessary for the oil issue.
ON these Coyotes....Yes big time need. The passenger side is the only one concerning enough,but some guys do both which is great too. My first 10,000miles mine would collect alot. Every 700-1000 miles I look in mine and there is always a little. Only got 12,600 on it but seems like the first 8000-10,000 it collected more than now. I don't want no oil on that side of my clinder ya know. If ya running 93-R tune and it's blowing by you probably getting 92 octane and IMO slightly affects performance. I want a clean burn. JMO but many will tell you it's best mod you can do first. Do your motor a favor. For sure watch the oil consumption during break-in. I never seen a motor use the way these do that first 10,000.

·
Registered
913 Posts
If your getting blow by I would def recommend a catch can. They do catch a good amount of oil. And make sure to empty it at every oil change

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ordered a black JLT separator and was reading to check your breather hose for oil, a good indication that your car needs a separator if oil will drip out. I checked my hose and no oil to speak of. I figured my car isn't run hard enough to have much blow by and I prob just wasted a hundred and twenty dollars on a mod that I don't really need. Well, it shows up and I did install it. I was surprised to find oil collecting in the container with in a few hundred miles. So I did need one. Good plan after all.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ford and alot of all make performance cars could stand to have them from factory but can you imagine telling a person looking at a new car that hey read your manual....You got to open you hood and check this container for oil and oh yeah just dump it on the ground at any location.LOL!!........ Not a great selling point for the manufactures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts