Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a 99-04 GT any insights or things to look at?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
cant go wrong with any of the 99-04 gt's. our 2v's arent so fast stock but IMO the 2v and 4v's sound the sexiest hands down. as long as the car rides fine and doesnt seem to beat up

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cant go wrong with any of the 99-04 gt's. our 2v's arent so fast stock but IMO the 2v and 4v's sound the sexiest hands down. as long as the car rides fine and doesnt seem to beat up
I figured if I got a 05-09 v6 I wouldn't be satified and want to keep it for a long time.. Is there a difference in any of the years?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a 2013 gt and I love the sound but your right the 2v motor sounds amazing. They have a nice deep tone to it.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
The 4v sounds so good. I thought my gt had a sexy sound by my 4v screams. If you're looking for a gt you looking for an auto or manual

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 4v sounds so good. I thought my gt had a sexy sound by my 4v screams. If you're looking for a gt you looking for an auto or manual
5speeds

·
Registered
300 Posts
When I look at used cars, I look underneath, not only for rust, but to make sure they didnt use it for off road. Be suprised at what you can see under there.

·
Registered
106 Posts

+1000

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've got an 05 GT and love the Roar from the exhaust. But, my friend has an 04 and its definitely a sexier sound. I just prefer the retro styling of my 05. Now, my grandpa has a 67 fastback with a rebuilt 302......nothing compares to the beautiful rumble that carborated monster puts out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wife has a 2010 GT, mine is an 01, she complains mines louder even though we put pypes on hers. I tell her mines the boss, he's supposed to be louder. then I run away.....

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got an 05 GT and love the Roar from the exhaust. But, my friend has an 04 and its definitely a sexier sound. I just prefer the retro styling of my 05. Now, my grandpa has a 67 fastback with a rebuilt 302......nothing compares to the beautiful rumble that carborated monster puts out.
That's why I was thinking a 05-09 v6 love the style

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Wife has a 2010 GT, mine is an 01, she complains mines louder even though we put pypes on hers. I tell her mines the boss, he's supposed to be louder. then I run away.....
lol sweet !! gota love it

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

dont get a v6 though. if u really love that retro style go for the gt

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol sweet !! gota love it

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

dont get a v6 though. if u really love that retro style go for the gt
Can't afford the 05+ gt lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
Why not go with a 05-09 GT. The V6 wont sound much better than a 350Z, unless you put I.H.E. on it. Plus those 4 lights in the front really make it stand out. But honestly its all about what you want man. Post some pics once you get your new pony!

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Can't afford the 05+ gt lol
I picked my GT up for $12,000. With only 83k in miles on it. Check out cars.com. Always deals on there.

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've got a 2000 gt but if I were getting a new car and couldn't afford the 05 and up gt try to find a used 2011 v6 mustang. It has 305 hp and 280 tq vs the 99 to 04 gt which has 260 hp and 302 tq. Plus the v6 will get better mpg. I don't know if the 2011 v6 stock will outrun a 04 gt stock or not but you might not race yours I don't race mine so I'm nor really concerned about that. I think the dohc variable cam v6 would sound good.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dont get a V6, no offence to anyone with one but where I live v6s are all driven by girls or jerks that think they are fast. (im talking about the older ones) Plus there is always v6s cars everywhere you go, not many v8s running around.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.