Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at first i didn't feel any difference at all.

then, i got to really let loose on some back roads, and i realized that gears really do help.

i've 'raced' two 99+ GT's to the speed limit (45-50mph) going to school and i was dead even with the first one, and the second barely had me by a few feet, but very close. :headbang:

<---happy

4.10s, tlok, '00 v6 5 spd

14's here i come.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if all you have is gears adn tlok then i wouldnt worry to much about 14s it is possible but unlikly at best. get a couple more mods and you shoudl ahve no problem though, only a couple tenths off from it now (considering the gears and tlok)

its not hard to hang with a gt though first but they will pull you in second or the end of it if they can drive at all....(99ups)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i don't expect 14's, but i do expect at least 15.2's after track prep.

just a few bolt ons, UD pulley, shorty headers, gt exhaust, a few others i forget. 15" tires and 3160lbs weight.

with slicks of course it shoudl be no prob so long as 26x8.5x15s won't slow me down in the higher gears!

i have no idea what i'd run with slicks and spraying off the line. i am working on my n/a time.

EDIT - heh my post count is "232"

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
youre gonna spray nos off the line? you better have money saved up for a new engine. nos is only supposed to be used at 3k rpm or higher, from what ive heard and seen.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ive sprayed a 75 shot off the line, with slicks. got some air under my tires too.

but on our cars, its best to keep it above 3000rpms.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Spraying off the line is not what kills engines. Its spraying in higher gears at low rpm. When you spray off the line the RPM builds so fast it doesn't get a chance to hurt anything. When you do it at higher gears all that pressure has no where to go because it takes so long to build up RPM and kaboom.

I always spray off the line and have sprayed up to 150 for 2 years (I do about 12 race events per year) now in my Maxima auto and I still hear this 3k stuff. Its just a number someone dreamed up. Its a good number but its meaningless in first gear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts