Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Did the hose pop or did the intake crack. Kinda confusing me here. My heater hose popped in my gt on my way to prom when I was wearing a white tux hahahaha

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sorry man. I had that happen to me 6 months ago. You will need a new intake. Mine broke at the nipple that feeds the heater core on the left rear of the intake. You will need intake, gaskets, thermostat, and a thermostat gasket. Oh and now is a good time to replace the heater hoses and of course new antifreeze. I had to take my car to a shop to do it because I had my knee operated on and couldn't walk. But most people that can turn a wrench can do the work themselves. Get a repair manual for your car they will always be helpful. Take your time and label everything you take off so you know where it goes back. Good luck.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mine was so brittle that it cracked into pieces when I tried to put my hose back on.

You don't want to risk sucking down pieces of intake into the motor. I don't think that would turn out well.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If its savable .. Put hose back on

If not upgrade to typhoon intake manifold
Thats what i already did slapped it back on there. When i got home i revved it up and it shot off again so i defiantly need a new one

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry man. I had that happen to me 6 months ago. You will need a new intake. Mine broke at the nipple that feeds the heater core on the left rear of the intake. You will need intake, gaskets, thermostat, and a thermostat gasket. Oh and now is a good time to replace the heater hoses and of course new antifreeze. I had to take my car to a shop to do it because I had my knee operated on and couldn't walk. But most people that can turn a wrench can do the work themselves. Get a repair manual for your car they will always be helpful. Take your time and label everything you take off so you know where it goes back. Good luck.
Is there anything els i should replace while im in there ? , I'm sorry to hear about your knee, im gonna give it a go. Thank you

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Did the hose pop or did the intake crack. Kinda confusing me here. My heater hose popped in my gt on my way to prom when I was wearing a white tux hahahaha
Sorry i didn't see your comment ,the hose came off of the little nipple thing thats cracked

·
Registered
620 Posts
Is there anything els i should replace while im in there ? , I'm sorry to hear about your knee, im gonna give it a go. Thank you

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Sorry i didn't see your comment ,the hose came off of the little nipple thing thats cracked
Yea, you gunna need the whole manifold :( soz

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's a dorman intake its junk! Dont buy those. Its like putting a non pi intake on the pi heads. It really restricts the airflow.

The one on the left is the Ford pi intake and the one on the right is the dorman. Notice how shallow the dorman is, it was modeled before 99 meaning that it was based on the non pi.
Ohh okay. Yeah ii had no idea i have some warranty that says it covers "anything to do with coolant so im gonna give that a try and if that don't work out price match from AM and install myself. Thanks for all your helps guys!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Thats what i already did slapped it back on there. When i got home i revved it up and it shot off again so i defiantly need a new one
You can also bypass the hose and plug the manifold if you need time to save up.. That's what I did

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can also bypass the hose and plug the manifold if you need time to save up.. That's what I did
I was going to, but the hose stays on i just can't hit the gas to hard. Im gonna order one just wana give this warranty a shot first

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes. It should have been a recall but ford must have paid someone off to get out of it. I hat it when car companies use plastic **** on engines. It makes no sense. I mean you're spending over 20,000 on a car a few hundred more for a metal intake isn't gonna make me say no. And I don't care if it weighs a few pounds more.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes. It should have been a recall but ford must have paid someone off to get out of it. I hat it when car companies use plastic **** on engines. It makes no sense. I mean you're spending over 20,000 on a car a few hundred more for a metal intake isn't gonna make me say no. And I don't care if it weighs a few pounds more.
I read that it was a recall for 99-01 i think. And that they fixed it but i have an 04 and still its effin plastic ..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts