Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its Spectorv's friends 8.8. It came out of a Fox Body forget what year... 90 maybe.... We are going to try to install it not this Saturday but the next. So Nate and Nick if you want to help let me know and you can follow me down there

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
its the same way as installing an SN95 rear end except sometimes you have to swap axles. (2 more steps).

-remove the brake calipers off the rotors
-remove the lower shock bolt from each side
-remove the driveshaft
-remove the upper control arm bolts
-remove the lower control arm bolts

-4 bolts from ds, 4 from uca & lcas, 4 from brakes, 2 from shocks = 14 total bolts holding the rear end on.

make sure you have a 15mm and 18mm socket and another 18mm for the control arm bolts (18 or 21mm, cant remember)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Anybody interested in an 8.8 with 355s already installed? ;)

Humm maybe Ill post up in classifieds.

Ill take $350 all day for it :D

You have to pick up though or get raped on shipping.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
he is gonna take the rear to get all the seals replaced and get it gone over and it will be good to go, the brake lines are on the opp side as the 3.73 8.8 he replaced the 4.10 rear end with but other than that i see no problems with the swap. well other than the drive shaft being hard to get a bolt on to tq down those bolts, any tips on how to get a tq wrench on those bolts with out having it all side ways ant stuff, the yoke or what ever gets in the way.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Jayber said:
Anybody interested in an 8.8 with 355s already installed? ;)

Humm maybe Ill post up in classifieds.

Ill take $350 all day for it :D

You have to pick up though or get raped on shipping.
How badly raped?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you sure ups wont take it or is it to long you know you can take the axles out and lay them beside it and gain like 8 inches in length.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If UPS will take it they will be cheaper. I'm not sure. The only time I've seen one shipped was via freight. But I get huge 150+lb servers shipped via UPS ground every week, so I'm not sure....

Is it the complete rear? What year is it off? I'll still take it for $489 shipped.

·
Registered
251 Posts
yes its 100% complete including the drums. It comes from an 88GT but the tracloc was rebuild and the 355s installed around 30K miles ago.
Ill check the dimensions and see if I can UPS it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts