Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just picked up a practically brand new V3 Vortech blower for a really good price. It came off of a 2018 GT. Just to make sure I’m not wasting my time, is there any difference in the blowers discharge, etc? It has a 3.6 inch pulley on it with the 6 rib system. I know I’ll need to piece the rest together (bracket, injectors, pump, BOV, intercooler, intake, and obviously a tune, but just want to make sure this V3 is compatible. Thanks

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can mount it to the engine and make it spin, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
Ok great thank you. Just trying to get some reassurance before I finish the kit/build up over the winter.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Update: it’s a Vortech V3 JT model. Does that make any difference.
I think that it would be best to call Vortech and find out if the mounting bracket for the V2 head unit, used on the SN95 Mustangs, will accept the V3 head unit. I thought that the difference was just the impeller, but there may be differences between the two head unit housings that I am unaware of.

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Per Vortech it will mount to the same bracket the V3 Si/T trims mount to so that’s good news. Of course they are unsure of the power/pulley combo to use to keep it conservative since it’s a lot of blower. It will likely have some lag though since it’s a big mother, but I don’t see the exact specs for the V3 JT supercharger on their website. Regardless, I’m going to keep most likely, buy the bracket and if it works get it tuned right to ensure I don’t grenade the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts