454 SS Chevy 1500

edelbrock headers,edelbrock cat-back, K&N

Motor is a torque monster. Makes my 5.0 look like a civic motor :D

7.4 ownz :twisted:

I'll get it to the track soon

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Pick up truck man? Better get some weights and some big slicks for the back, lol. :shock:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Guy next door has some big chunks of green oak tree trunk in the ditch he is trying to get rid of, just load the bed with that stuff, that would hold her down for ya.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
You won'bt be able to hook up at all, but I have the answer for your problems: a complete 302 engine, I will sell it to you for $1000 and you can put it in the back of the truck.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Mod? A 454? It should be faster than most stock engines right out of the crate shouldn't it? :D

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Danger Dude said:
302 over a 454 ARE YOU INSANE. A 454 us like way cheaper to mod
I was telling him to buy my engine and dump it in the bed for traction......

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Rick0636 said:
Mod? A 454? It should be faster than most stock engines right out of the crate shouldn't it? :D
I think the '70 Chevelle SS 454's ran like a mid/upper 12 stock.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Rick0636 said:
That particular truck is not slow but with a 4.10 and a 3 speed it has monster torque. Like Zach said everyone is searching for a 4th gear overdrive. I would drop some heads from PAW and a cam and you could easy have 400 to 500 with nearly 500 lbs of torque with less than a $ 1000.

hell find a tranny out of a truck with OD and you would be set to go and still be under 1500 bucks

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
i was gonna put a 454 in my friend's truck till we realized how much it weighs
it's freakin ridiculous, instead we're gonna stroke his 351 and get everything we can out of it without supercharging it. it'll end up makin bout 450 hp in the end

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
lowflyn said:
i was gonna put a 454 in my friend's truck till we realized how much it weighs
it's freakin ridiculous, instead we're gonna stroke his 351 and get everything we can out of it without supercharging it. it'll end up makin bout 450 hp in the end
sweet!! I am going to build a stroked 351w to 427, my goal is around 500 hp all engine.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That is what they put in some of the AC Cobra replica cars.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The originals had some type of Ford 427, no idea what it was really. What I was talking about was the replicas and kit cars.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
ha ha ha. the only problem with that is how much you gotta reinforce your frame. otherwise pieces of your truck just kinda fall to the ground when the weight bottoms out, it's not real pretty. lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha yeah this thing has some monster torque and with the light back end and cheap ass futura tires it equals out to some horrible track times lol.

i ran the truck last nite and only got one run in before someone broke and the track closed. My best was a 15.4 with a 2.2 60'. These trucks with some slicks and traction bars pull 1.7's so I can definetly lower deep into the 14's

With heads,cam,intake, 3" Dual exhaust these trucks run high 12's low 13's. I love how cheap parts are for the truck. I can practically rebuild the motor for the price of my new v6 heads :shock:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
v6stanger said:
.With heads,cam,intake, 3" Dual exhaust these trucks run high 12's low 13's. I love how cheap parts are for the truck. I can practically rebuild the motor for the price of my new v6 heads :shock:
yes and the fact it is chevy helps also. Parts for Chevy's are damn cheap

1 - 19 of 19 Posts