Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought Kenwood KFC-P503 5-1/4" Component System as seen here

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-YDSgdcvuust/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=76300&I=113KFCP503&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y

I already have a decent headunit, I think this was a pretty good choise for my price range, looking at the specs teh Kenwoods rule :D

The back will come with time, and money, but most likey some really nice 2 ways.

Anyways, my question is what kind of install am I looking at, hard? ANy write ups, rememeber this isnt a direct fit. How will I mount the tweeters?

Joe

·
11,873 Posts
Crutchfield will send you a adapter plate for the 5 1/4 speakers so they will fit in the reg 5x7 space.

The problem is where to put the tweeters.

Most people buy a kick panel for their component set up(crutchfield sells these) but they are expensive.

You want to keep the tweeter as close to the 5 1/4 speaker as possible.I would look into seeing if you can cut a whole in the adapter plate that they send you and mount the tweeter there. I dont remember how much space you have to work with its been awhile since I installed my 5 1/4 polks.

Let me look around tomorrow and see if I cant find a good set up with components.

unless someone beats me to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O I was under the impression that I would put the tweeters in that empty space at the top of the door, the black triangle.

I thought the big advantage was that I could move it up there for better sound imaging.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading it looks like im wrong, but then why does the mach system have it up there....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, the fking place I ordered them from sent me a email 3 days after I purchased them, saying they are out of stock for atleast 3-4 buisness days.....

Dont buy from etronics.com <- assholes

JoeR.

·
11,873 Posts
ah so you didnt buy from crutchfield :oops:

Good luck getting a adapter plate from those guys.

Looks like your going to need to look around local custom audio shops and see if they can get you/make you a adapter plate for the 5 1/4 speakers. If not you have to buy them from crutchfield.

Those speakers are not direct fit for the front.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you recomend for material when makingthe brackets? I remember reading something, it was a acrnym though, I dont remember it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts