Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
That sounds very weird maybe a previous owner put in a different speedometer?..... Maybe one from a v6 but that sounds very strange lol

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You sure it's a GT? Lol just kidding.

That's weird it's like they put a v6 speedometer on it.. Huh. Maybe the original one broke and they found a v6 one for free ? Lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's mine goes to 140 it's a 2006 gt
Mmm how weird plus mine only has the gas and temp?
I just checked under my hood and yea I still have a 4.6 engine hahahaha

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

You sure it's a GT? Lol just kidding.

That's weird it's like they put a v6 speedometer on it.. Huh. Maybe the original one broke and they found a v6 one for free ? Lol
HAHAHA yea I just checked under my hood I have a 4.6 LOL

·
Registered
672 Posts
I never knew they'd have that different of dashes between a premium and base GT. Kind of crazy. I have an '06 GT, looks just like the 140 mph one from above

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Here's mine goes to 140 it's a 2006 gt

Running a little hot there? Lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 05 gt base manual has spedo to 140.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

So its not the difference between base or premium. Mine is base because its all matte black everything, only chrome is on the vents, non leather steering wheel (which i hate), none of the bling.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mmm how weird plus mine only has the gas and temp?
I just checked under my hood and yea I still have a 4.6 engine hahahaha

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

HAHAHA yea I just checked under my hood I have a 4.6 LOL
Strange.... Mine only has fuel and temp too... Not sure on the speedo though and I won't be able to check until I'm off bed rest.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I most have an ultra premium, I got that faux carbon fiber dash, leather wrapped dash board and soft touch leather door panels, oh and stock billet shift knob :p also that 140 speedo

·
Registered
455 Posts
I never knew they'd have that different of dashes between a premium and base GT. Kind of crazy. I have an '06 GT, looks just like the 140 mph one from above

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Yeah, took that pic since my car starting running hot two days after it came from service, they had change the alternator and revealed the motor pan since it had a small oil leak. Took the pic just in case it was not running hot once I arrived at the dealer lol

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
replace the vin with yours, see what it came with (package etc)

http:// services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?
vin=2FMDK3AKXBBA58773

take out the spaces after the //

·
Registered
876 Posts

Lol just a lil warm. Does your car have a fever?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Is their a difference in motor between the base and premium?
IS ONE FASTER THAN THE OTHER?

Same engine, mostly creature comforts, radio, trim, seats, etc. But the base probably came with smaller wheels and a lower speed rated tire. The tire speed rating is usually what determines where the governor is set on all cars. So your top speed is probably lower than a premium because of that, but could be changed with a tuner.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts