Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just came into $3500 cash, and have about another $300, totalling $3800.

what should i spend that money on for the v6? its not enough to supercharge but i could rebuild the suspension, some wheels, and maybe build the internals. or perhaps a 4.2 head swap

any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
A. do u honestly wanna sink in that much cash in your car?
B. What do you wanna accomplish wit your car?

ask yourself those Qs before you drop that much cash into something. Trust me I dumped well over 8gs into my V6 and guess what I dont have it anymore. All that money I never recovered back. I did recover most but not all.

Just a tid bit cause I was there. But if you want an honest answer do some suspension, bolt ons and get the giggle juice

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well this is $3500 after saving another $4500 i recieved at the same time. im making sure to keep other money. but i may just get some nice wheels and small things rather than spend it all. hell i have a hard time spending $100 at once

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
tedness said:
ok i just came into $3500 cash, and have about another $300, totalling $3800.

what should i spend that money on for the v6? its not enough to supercharge but i could rebuild the suspension, some wheels, and maybe build the internals. or perhaps a 4.2 head swap

any other ideas?
The heads on a 4.2 are the same, but if you wanna stroke your engine to a 4.2, let me know. I'm try to working a deal to offer them at my website.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
well you only have one cam. but if i were you. go for some 3.73s and maybe a used vortech or procharger. or a 4.2 with new cam heads and upper and lower. that would prolly cost you about a grand maybe some more but i think it justang thats getting 285 rwhp and simlar TQ.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just need to find a place that could do that competently in my area. i'll see what justang's numbers were and such

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
really depends on what stage you're at now

what mods do you have?

·
Registered
126 Posts
personally id say suspension, tlok 373 or an 8.8. wheels, then all your basic bolt ons and maby even p&p. then next time you get cash or (you should still have cash left if you bargain shop) you can lok into heads cam rr ect... but you will pull full potential out of it :good:
any thing you do post pics :p:

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
sit down and really decide if you want to put money into your car or not (its just like putting money into a 5.0 ... i fyou want to then thats all that matters) if you do then decide what areas you want to go for, speed/looks/handeling/etc

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
SpectorV said:
sit down and really decide if you want to put money into your car or not (its just like putting money into a 5.0 ... i fyou want to then thats all that matters) if you do then decide what areas you want to go for, speed/looks/handeling/etc
Yes your one of the few smart ones haha

But seriously a V6 aint worth dropping cash on the engine unless you plan on going full out. Personally Id just do some small things for a good pick me up and then focus on the sound and looks.

But you gotta tell us what eggzactly youd like to do cause sh*t I can write you a list for a 11 second V6 right now but its all what you really wanna do. Honestly think cause in all honestly our cars are like honduhs they take to much cash to run fast.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
droping bolt ons on a 5.0 aint worth it either, it takes heads/cam/intakes/gears/ etc to make them move its a money game.... its extremly cheap however to find heads/cam/intakes well.... if you dont get the best stuff. if i had 3500 bucks i wouldnt drop it into my car i would save most and maybe do a couple things, its better to have it sitting in the bank while you really consider what you want than to blow it and regret it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
wow :mad: now you listen here blue!!!!! we might be slow we might be a waste to put money in :angryfire but we aint no honda... :liar: lol j/k about the mad part

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yeah I never bothered wit Bolt ons (actually lie I got one or two) But i went straight for the procharger when I got my car

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
cjd10 said:
wow :mad: now you listen here blue!!!!! we might be slow we might be a waste to put money in :angryfire but we aint no honda... :liar: lol j/k about the mad part
Dude 8gs into my V6 ran low 13s
8gs in my 5.0 psh I barely even 2gs and im beyond faster then my V6

Im not hatin I was there I just dont want others to make that mistake. yeah its a fun hobby but you gotta also be smart cause cash dont grow on trees. Just trying to save my other fellow stangers.

Id drop th ecash on a V6 to look good and have an awesome system. Wish I woulda went that way in full force instead of being fast (nah thats a lie id LOVE the look on th eface of some V8 owners priceless once you tell them its a 6-er)

·
Registered
126 Posts
i was just messin but low 13s thats screamin for a 6. i had an 88 5.0 conv. loved it but traded it for my 79 camaro and a 92 ford ranger. :cry: sometimes i regret it.. but it was a dog definantly slower than my six but i wasnt in to cars as much then.performance usually all that money goes to my camaro.
my 6 is for the gas milage, but i do love it

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Personally...I'd put the money in the bank and save it for a little while. Maybe buy wheels or something like that, but don't go blow it all on your car...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts