Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Did he tweak your existing tune or put in a whole new one?

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Am I missing something or does that seem a little low with those mods? Either way all that matters is that you're happy!
Yea I guess these cams aren't known for making great power. Only like 20hp off from like Detroit rockers or hot rods. And a FRPP intake would have helped a lot so says Jake Lamotta. I'm satisfied though.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Yea I guess these cams aren't known for making great power. Only like 20hp off from like Detroit rockers or hot rods. And a FRPP intake would have helped a lot so says Jake Lamotta. I'm satisfied though.
Hot rod cams make more power?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Pretty sure it's the opposite
I was under the impress the mutha thumpa and hot rod cams were mainly for sound and brenspeed custom grind cams add 30rwhp

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was under the impress the mutha thumpa and hot rod cams were mainly for sound and brenspeed custom grind cams add 30rwhp
Yea from what mike was tellin me the brenspeed and FRPP cams make more power. I'm no expert. I'm just the ****** that bought cams that make my car sound like it has 500hp but really only does just that lol.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pretty sure it's the opposite
Nah dude the thumprs left me pretty underwhelmed on the dyno. I actually anticipated being right at 330 though. Down the road I want to build a 3v. At that point ill change to a much more aggressive, powerful cam. Probably go fi. They suggested a whipple. Said kenne bells sucked, which really surprised me.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ya the thumpers aren't known to make a lot of power. There more for sound. The hot rods usually make about 20-30 HP of course depending on your mods. And I would have to disagree that kenne bells suck. I've honestly never heard someone say that. There about the best blower on the market next to a whipple. They run hot, yes, but suck? Not even close.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

If they sucked they wouldn't be used on the shelby supersnakes and Shelby 1000 and in a lot of high HP applications.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya the thumpers aren't known to make a lot of power. There more for sound. The hot rods usually make about 20-30 HP of course depending on your mods. And I would have to disagree that kenne bells suck. I've honestly never heard someone say that. There about the best blower on the market next to a whipple. They run hot, yes, but suck? Not even close.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

If they sucked they wouldn't be used on the shelby supersnakes and Shelby 1000 and in a lot of high HP applications.
Yea idk man I was surprised when he told me that too

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any track times?

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any track times?
BEFORE THE TUNE. Best I've pulled so far is a [email protected] 2.1 60ft. That pass did not have my best trap or 60ft. Best 60ft is 2.0 best trap is 109. I think I can get a 13.1 out of her on street tires, I spin like crazy hitting 2nd. There aren't any more TnT dates for this year at my track so ill have to wait until the new year. PLUS I just got some drag rims with drag radials and I'm gonna trailer my car next time. I'd like to see low 12s. Well see what happens.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
BEFORE THE TUNE. Best I've pulled so far is a [email protected] 2.1 60ft. That pass did not have my best trap or 60ft. Best 60ft is 2.0 best trap is 109. I think I can get a 13.1 out of her on street tires, I spin like crazy hitting 2nd. There aren't any more TnT dates for this year at my track so ill have to wait until the new year. PLUS I just got some drag rims with drag radials and I'm gonna trailer my car next time. I'd like to see low 12s. Well see what happens.
Get some drs or slicks and you can easily shave a half second

1 - 20 of 27 Posts