Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna install These on my 2013 V6... Anyone think I should make my own video or tutorial slides how or something... If you live in NJ after I get these on I could help you... Background info I bought these on eBay from Roush... They are OEM take offs from a new GT... Pic below when I opened the box they are for both front and back seats... Wish me luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Aruiz42 said:
Gonna install These on my 2013 V6... Anyone think I should make my own video or tutorial slides how or something... If you live in NJ after I get these on I could help you... Background info I bought these on eBay from Roush... They are OEM take offs from a new GT... Pic below when I opened the box they are for both front and back seats... Wish me luck!
good luck! you should definitely at least show pics of the finished process

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Make sure you grab some industrial strength zip ties (my local Home Depot has some) if none are included because youll need to replace the existing ties/rings. It's a relatively easy process, just time-consuming. Also, if you dont have seat heaters and/or lumbar, but want them, now is the time to add. And be real careful pulling your seats out. Those track ends are dangerous (to your car)!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wheelman said:
Make sure you grab some industrial strength zip ties (my local Home Depot has some) if none are included because youll need to replace the existing ties/rings. It's a relatively easy process, just time-consuming. Also, if you dont have seat heaters and/or lumbar, but want them, now is the time to add. And be real careful pulling your seats out. Those track ends are dangerous (to your car)!
Do you know how or where to get the heater?

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Google seat heaters. Easily had from several sites. Easy to install between pad and seat cover. tricky part is what to wire the hot lead to (I.E. a seperate switch by the power seat switch (if equipped), or on the dash, or to the heater switch (if it opens a inner duct valve via hot lead).

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Aruiz42 said:
Do you know how or where to get the heater?
I did it years back in my '07 so dont recall, but you can use pretty much any kind. Just poke around online for one with good reviews and a switch you like if its going to show (or you could put em in the center compartment). I just cut a hole with a dremel in the d/s & p/s trim pieces (I did both seats) around the radio to pop the switches in and ran the wires down the trim to the center console and then to the seats. I had a lumbar bladder in there too but IIRC everything wired up to the cluster under the seats. There were easy instructions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow I wanted to get the Corbeau seats but this is a lot cheaper (and imo looks better).

If you can, please post a vid or anything that'll help with install, I'm a noob to diy jobs

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mkashew said:
Wow I wanted to get the Corbeau seats but this is a lot cheaper (and imo looks better).

If you can, please post a vid or anything that'll help with install, I'm a noob to diy jobs
Im going to do pics and vids.. I'm new at it to but if some idiot that dropped out of ha could do it I could too lol

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installed the leather seats and over all it took about 6 to eight hours... I started with the back because those were the easiest and I got a feel before I tackle the front... Would recommend this to anyone here's a few pics of the completed work but if you guys want ill post up the video I shot of taking the back seat out and the pics where the hard parts were...

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you use a iron and a steamer you can get some of the wrinkles out. Just keep moving don't stay in one spot to long.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Installed the leather seats and over all it took about 6 to eight hours... I started with the back because those were the easiest and I got a feel before I tackle the front... Would recommend this to anyone here's a few pics of the completed work but if you guys want ill post up the video I shot of taking the back seat out and the pics where the hard parts were...
So I take it the link to the Roush eBay page paid off? Lol

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Looks really good man, ima do it later and buy some seat Warmers too!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I take it the link to the Roush eBay page paid off? Lol

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Looks really good man, ima do it later and buy some seat Warmers too!
Yeah it paid off but I couldn't find seat warmers at a decent price anywhere! But it's been pretty cold here and it hasn't been unbearable to sit in!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts