Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an early christmas present I got 3.73 gears. I have been looking in different places to find a how-to but I cant find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or does anyone know how to do it?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
if you don't do alot of work yourself, i would bring it to a shop, i have heard lots of stortys of people messing their cars up by installing their gears wrong

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Definately and you'll need a friction modifier and all that special stuff. I would just take it somewhere and if they screw it up, then they'll have to fix the problem, where as if you screw something up, that's more money out of your pocket.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
ttpancakes said:
As an early christmas present I got 3.73 gears. I have been looking in different places to find a how-to but I cant find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or does anyone know how to do it?
took you long enough :D
but seriously you have been looking for months right? congrats

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i have been looking everywhere and a couple of my friends bought me some. What type of shop would install them? Does a ford dealer do that? What besides a friction modifer. I know its hard but i want to try anyways. My friends owns a shop and we have the tools i believe but no instructions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
try some people on your local car board if you have one. I had a guy off my local board install mine at his house for 250. 2 years later still perfect.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I dont believe I have a local car board. There are people on here that live in southern california, so if anyone knows how or any place in southern California that will do it let me know please.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
ttpancakes said:
Yea I dont believe I have a local car board. There are people on here that live in southern california, so if anyone knows how or any place in southern California that will do it let me know please.
go to a suspension shop, most do gear installs

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
ttpancakes said:
awesome. It i get the t-lok also will they charge me much more for the install?
naw they wont charge much more. isuugest getting the t-lok since they are gonna be installing the gears already you can sve some money by only having them intsall once

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
You need to do the Tlok the same time you do the gears because it all has to come apart anyway, most shop will not charge more and if they do they are trying to rip you off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts