Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Is that some kinda heat shield around your K&N filter there?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure is, Came with the kit, I have to shut the hood a little harder so i guess it seals pretty good at the hood

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Rick0636 said:
Is that some kinda heat shield around your K&N filter there?
Simple Answer, Yes.

It serves a double prupose of holding the entire assembley in the air to avoid movement.

The FIPK is an awesome system... for 200 bucks :(

Congrats on the install!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That one looks like it would work fine with a C&L maf, lol. No crook in the pipe.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was debating on the KIPK or a Densecharger...I didn't like the way that the denscharger hooked up to the mass air with that gasket maker stuff, and I didn't like the ebay one I had with the cork gasket. on top of that the engine bay just looked a little empty with the fender style ones.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Probably a dumb question but is FIPK kit just like a K&N version of a CAI? And if i already have a K&N filter could it be used with it?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah its basically a K&N CAI. If your other filter goes in the stock air box than no. thats what I used to have. The FIPK comes with a new filter. the inlet on its about 7-8 inches, so I think it would be hard to get another filter that would fit it. And like Evin said its an awesome system for $200.

·
Registered
941 Posts
that's some pretty good quality, i thought you fabbed up that heat sheild, i was going to say! it's not good that it's not pushed inside the fenderwell though. with the sheild it wont' be much difference but for that money, geez.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts