Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Again!

Another addition to feed the addiction. I received an SCT Tuner from Justin at VMP today (along with a UDP) and I couldn't wait to play. He put in two programs for me -- one for the stock gears that I am running and one for the 4.10's that I will be installing.

I cannot say enough good things about Justin and the product. His customer service was incredible, he shipped very quickly and was just an all around decent guy.

As for the product... oh, man! I took it for a short spin around the block and I plain didn't want to get out of the car. Absolutely fantastic! Everything just seems to be running SO much better. The "whine" of the CAI seems much lower, the acceleration seems much better, and unless I'm imagining it -- there's definitely a significant difference in response and torque, even the exhaust sounds better. I wish I had time trials before I installed the new program to see the difference. Now I need to find a track just to see - I'd like to re-install the stock program, run a 1/4, then redo the program installation and discover the true difference. The only problem is I don't ever want to go back to the stock program after 2 minutes in the car with the new one!

I can suggest three rules (all my opinion) if you are interested in a changing a chip:

1. Call Justin.
2. Consider spending the extra money for the tuner. The most difficult part of the whole process was removing the fuse to the fuel pump. The rest -- incredibly simple. Even I could do it with some confidence. No messing with chips, cleaning, static free stuff etc. Re-installing the stock program is all of about 5 minutes if I need to. It is worth EVERY extra penny.
3. Any doubts, see rule #1.

I mean no offense to any other tuner suppliers but VMP's service and product were exemplary.

A million thanks Justin. Now I can't wait to get the gears installed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,438 Posts
is that the micro tuner your talkin about, also how much was it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Well you can get all this from us...we are the official tuner for Mustang-Forums, and have more experience than almost all the SCT dealers, having helped develop the software and having used the prototype for years before..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Falcon.... I'm not sure exactly how much it was to the dollar. I know that sounds a bit funky but I also bought the UDP and an extra program from VMP at the same time. My guess is around $400. Trust me I would do it again in a heartbeat. The product I purchased was the SCT Extreme Flash Tuner.


And to AmericanMotorSports... I truly didn't mean any offense. It certainly appears that you have the credentials to supply a good value to all here. I know that everyone here is glad to have you as a contributing member. The more knowledge and experience contributing to this site the better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
digger said:
And to AmericanMotorSports... I truly didn't mean any offense. It certainly appears that you have the credentials to supply a good value to all here. I know that everyone here is glad to have you as a contributing member. The more knowledge and experience contributing to this site the better.
No problem. But remember, it is American MotorSport (no "s" at the end).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
digger said:
Hi Again!

Another addition to feed the addiction. I received an SCT Tuner from Justin at VMP today (along with a UDP) and I couldn't wait to play. He put in two programs for me -- one for the stock gears that I am running and one for the 4.10's that I will be installing.

I cannot say enough good things about Justin and the product. His customer service was incredible, he shipped very quickly and was just an all around decent guy.

As for the product... oh, man! I took it for a short spin around the block and I plain didn't want to get out of the car. Absolutely fantastic! Everything just seems to be running SO much better. The "whine" of the CAI seems much lower, the acceleration seems much better, and unless I'm imagining it -- there's definitely a significant difference in response and torque, even the exhaust sounds better. I wish I had time trials before I installed the new program to see the difference. Now I need to find a track just to see - I'd like to re-install the stock program, run a 1/4, then redo the program installation and discover the true difference. The only problem is I don't ever want to go back to the stock program after 2 minutes in the car with the new one!

I can suggest three rules (all my opinion) if you are interested in a changing a chip:

1. Call Justin.
2. Consider spending the extra money for the tuner. The most difficult part of the whole process was removing the fuse to the fuel pump. The rest -- incredibly simple. Even I could do it with some confidence. No messing with chips, cleaning, static free stuff etc. Re-installing the stock program is all of about 5 minutes if I need to. It is worth EVERY extra penny.
3. Any doubts, see rule #1.

I mean no offense to any other tuner suppliers but VMP's service and product were exemplary.

A million thanks Justin. Now I can't wait to get the gears installed.
Hi Digger, we hope you enjoy the tuner. If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Ya, Alberto knows his stuff. Now if I can only get him to sponser me, maybe I could help him grow, especially with this shoot-out coming up quick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
97Stallion said:
Ya, Alberto knows his stuff. Now if I can only get him to sponser me, maybe I could help him grow, especially with this shoot-out coming up quick.
Short on funds for sponsoring at the moment, but maybe we can work out some other arrangementss. E-mail me to se what you can do for American MotorSport. How is the file I made for you working out?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
so Justin, how much would you charge me for a program for my car? I have basically a stock car, but K&N air filter. That's it right now... in the future I will be changing it. Looking to add a shift kit pretty soon. I looked at American MotorSport (no s)... and the Microtuner was $450? for just one program. I would think of that so I can change it... and it might not look too bad if I can hide it somewhere.... I have a place in mind, but yeah... I'd prefer not go too far over $400 for 15 horsepower. I may also switch to a CAI set up soon. Do each of these require me to have a different program? (for optimal success)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top