Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my T5 exsploded and I couldnt afford to replace it ( yes someday when I can Ill go back) but for now I put an auto tranny in it im not sure what all I have to change or if i got the lines crossed to radeator it went in forward gears reluctently and then only has rev any one help me out?

·
Registered
916 Posts
A manual car's ECU does not have the programming to run an automatic transmission. that is just a start as to why you are having issues

·
Registered
630 Posts
A manual car's ECU does not have the programming to run an automatic transmission. that is just a start as to why you are having issues
Isnt reverse the only gear in the electronically shifted AODs that doesn't require a signal from a tcu? and OP. if you don't want to get into putting a different ecu and doing the wiring, you could do something like a shiftbox...its a pretty big thing in the old DSMs, basically you wire a couple small toggle switches to the solenoids on the trans and flip them in different configurations for your 4 forward gears. kinda a ghetto to way to do it, but it works and is like having a shift kit..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Isnt reverse the only gear in the electronically shifted AODs that doesn't require a signal from a tcu? and OP. if you don't want to get into putting a different ecu and doing the wiring, you could do something like a shiftbox...its a pretty big thing in the old DSMs, basically you wire a couple small toggle switches to the solenoids on the trans and flip them in different configurations for your 4 forward gears. kinda a ghetto to way to do it, but it works and is like having a shift kit..
He's right this can work, also did you use the flywheel for the auto too? It's different than the standard one, I can't remember exactly whats so different though but I know its not the same and will cause your car to vibrate a little, I remember a couple guys did this swap in an 04 V6 from standard to auto and it vibrated because they didn't swap the flywheel out.

·
Registered
630 Posts
He's right this can work, also did you use the flywheel for the auto too? It's different than the standard one, I can't remember exactly whats so different though but I know its not the same and will cause your car to vibrate a little, I remember a couple guys did this swap in an 04 V6 from standard to auto and it vibrated because they didn't swap the flywheel out.
I don't think he would have been able to put the trans in with a manual flywheel on it..autos have flexplates, manuals have flywheels. The torque converter would not have attached properly. I may be wrong though, I've never attempted to put a auto with a flywheel..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
up date

changed the computer under dash on passenger side in side panel and the moudle mounted under the hood on passengers side. now car turns over and wont start going out in hour to see what i missede have alot extra parts if anyones intrested the 5 speed cases are good. bearing went and broke nose cone and cluster gear bu;t have everythig elese

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im curently changing pedal and getting new shifter what i haave is 95 t5 with issues and bell housing fly wheel pedal crossover driveshaft radeator for the 3.8 and computer now is that what i was sapose to change in my car ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts