Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Wow that was cool. Back in 96 My friend James were out on the flightline working ona KC-10 Tanker when a lightning storm came out of the blue. We ran into the hanger and turned around to see the lightning show when there was a loud boom and we were immediately covered in static charge and about 50 yards in front of us was ball lightning hovering about 20 off the ground just spinning for about 3 seconds before shooting off. One of the most Incredible things I have ever wittnessed. Ball lightning is very rare and quite amazing. to see a ball of electrical charge just spinning. it was about the size of a bread truck and it crackled as it was happening. After the experience I had temporary lost of hearing that lasted about a day.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, i know what you are meaning dangerdude. my mom got shocked by lightning when we lived in PA. it came through the phone line and it hovered in her sewing room for several seconds. she said it was the size of a beach ball, and that it had the force to knock her out silly and take her breath away. she said if she didn't have a reason to think it was nature, and lightning, she'd swear it was something supernatural/godlike, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts