Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
With Ford Radio Removal Keys. U Shaped utensils, prob get a set at wal mart for 5.00. Push them into the holes on the face of the radio until they click, then pull slightly apart, away from the radio, and slide out. Cage the JVC into the opening.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Sorry, too slow lol.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WtFDiesel said:
With Ford Radio Removal Keys. U Shaped utensils, prob get a set at wal mart for 5.00. Push them into the holes on the face of the radio until they click, then pull slightly apart, away from the radio, and slide out. Cage the JVC into the opening.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Sorry, too slow lol.
Lol it's goo thnks for the help! Now gotta do all these wires lol

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeezuz these cables are driving me nuts!! For some reason when the power is connected and as well as the ground when I try to connect it to the stereo it's trying to start the car confused?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Um yeah. You should have used an interface harness, but if you cut the wires instead, here's the audio wiring chart:

Radio 12V- purple/lt. blue + radio harness

Radio Ground- black/lt. green and black - radio harness

Radio Ignition- black/pink + radio harness

Radio Illumination- lt. blue/red (dimmer) + radio harness

Factory Amp Turn-on- N/A

Power Antenna- N/A

Left Front Speaker (+/-)- org/lt. grn - lt. blue/wht +,- radio harness

Right Front Speaker (+/-)- wht/lt. grn - green/org +,- radio harness

Left Rear Speaker (+/-)- gray/lt. blue - tan/yellow +,- radio harness

Right Rear Speaker (+/-)- orange/red - brown/pink +,- radio harness

Hope it helps. Radio wires should be in the manual, if not: Red=Ignition, Yellow=12v, Black=Ground, White set=Left Front, Grey Set=Right Front, Green Set=Left Rear, Purple Set= Right Rear.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Oh, and if the radio has an illumination wire, it is orange with a white stripe. And it's illegal for the driver to have full motion video in sight, so no matter what, do not connect the light green wire to the ground, connect it to the parking brake like the instructions say, so you have to be stopped to watch video. Again, do not ground the light green wire, or you will have video in motion, and that is illegal.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much!! Tht helped a lot!! Everything is working now, only problem is my door speakers aren't working, but the tweeters and back ones are. I have a game so ima just have it like this for now.

image-2920501633.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yea, you have an amplified system then. Mach probably. At any rate, you have multiple plug in harnesses behind your radio correct? One of them is the harness that you found power and four speaker wires in, and then a smaller one, that you did not use. That is the amplifier plug for the factory amps. You need this: Metra Part Number 70-5519, this you can find online, or at any decent car audio shop, or best buy for 25.00 or less. It contains both harnesses, but you only need the smaller one with the RCA's in it. Plug and play. Hook the remote wire up to the amplifier remote out of the head unit. (The wire to the harness and the wire on the radio will both be blue with white stripe.) Then plug the RCA's into the corresponding outputs on your radio.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet!! Thnks again, I bought the product at best buy and got the amps working as well as the door speakers!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sweet. Glad you're jammin!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Oh, and if the radio has an illumination wire, it is orange with a white stripe. And it's illegal for the driver to have full motion video in sight, so no matter what, do not connect the light green wire to the ground, connect it to the parking brake like the instructions say, so you have to be stopped to watch video. Again, do not ground the light green wire, or you will have video in motion, and that is illegal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and if your parking brake light does not work right you can add a switch to ground that way you can switch it off while driving

·
Registered
130 Posts
You would never attach it to the parking brake light. There's way too much voltage fluctuation, and you would eventually damage the ground sensing circuit in the radio itself, as the light wire would show a ground when the brake is applied, but with an incandescent bulb in socket, when you take the brake off, it would show positive. (Get out your multimeter/dimm and test it, I bet you I am correct on this) You would attach it to the parking brake wire, as close to the brake as possible, OR to the wire in the aftermarket harness if there is a provision. In that post, the parking brake wire part was pure sarcasm. True, but sarcasm. Because no one in their right mind would ever want to see video in motion. Plus it is illegal. You wouldn't want to go to prison for watching General Hospital while on the way to the track....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yeah that's what I meant because my parking break switch didn't work I don't know why I put light

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

We always wire it to the park depending if it requires 12 volt source or a ground to activate the video

·
Registered
130 Posts
Er, the only head unit on the market, EVER, to need a positive for video is Alpine. That is because you have to use the foot brake, and parking brake at the same time. Push foot brake (positive), put parking brake on and off three times leaving it on (that's the ground), then release foot brake. Other than that, ALL other video capable head units use a simplr ground for parking brake. Some need a switch on them as when you turn the car off, then re-crank, it will need to see the ground go away, then re-apply. That is mostly Clarion/Pioneer and certain Kenwoods. All the cheap ones, ie; Jensen, Phase Linear, Dual, etc, need the switch, but you can access the programming menu with the remote and bypass the lockout permanenlty anyway, negating the need for the ground all together.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh ok thnks again. We grounded it but I doubt I'll ever watch a movie while driving lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts